Contact / Friction between Brake Pad and Rotor Disc

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHaveAnRR

Reaction score
Hello. I know this is normal; but how do we know if there?s too much contact/friction between brake pad and rotor disc?

Is there a specific way of installing the brake pads and bleeding to make sure there isn?t too much contact/friction?

Keep the pistons fully separated during brake pads installation and bleeding?

Cheers

If you're talking about friction when you spin the wheel when the calipers are on. There's nothing really to do there. There will always be pad drag.
AFAIK. The pads are pushed off mainly by the boundary layer acting on the disc as it rotates and the airflow from being at speed. It's not a hydraulic action. When you're in the garage, non of that really happens. The wheel bearings often need to be warm before they spin nicely too.

If you're talking about friction when you spin the wheel when the calipers are on. There's nothing really to do there. There will always be pad drag.
AFAIK. The pads are pushed off mainly by the boundary layer acting on the disc as it rotates and the airflow from being at speed. It's not a hydraulic action. When you're in the garage, non of that really happens. The wheel bearings often need to be warm before they spin nicely too.

Good to know those, thanks. Just worried the pad drag might be too much than normal due to doing something wrong. Cheers

I've fitted Calipers upside down before lol.. easy done when you're too busy talking hahaha

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back