Dealer problem

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marzy

Reaction score
I'm picking my bike up this Saturday in my van as agreed by my dealer. It's a 15 reg s100rr insured and taxed midnight 1st march. He now tells me I can't have it unless I show insurance for the 28th Feb which it isn't. He already has my part x bike on sale and I think it's a bit of a cheek of him. I've rang the insurance company to move the insurance back a day but they want ?30. Not happy.
Anyone know if there is any legal reason why I can't have it Saturday?

HI Marzy,
Is it because its not insured when it leaves them by you and they have taxed on there insurance, and there is nothing stopping you from going out on it b4 midnight when your away from the dealer?

Dean

I don't see it any different from buying a fridge, toaster or bike tbh. Its my insurance not their's Flatstick. It's my risk if its stolen. I don't see the problem.

I think its maybe because there not allowed to sell with out valid insurance, is it on BMW finance as that might have something to do with it.

Dean

I purchased a second hand bike from Williams BMW in manchester, not a BMW and collected it with a trailer with no insurance in place, all i had to do was sign a disclaimer to say i was responsible for the bike and if i rode it with no insurance then it was my problem.

I am paying for it outright Dean with no finance. I might pull the plug and ask for my part x bike back. I've had enough from them.

I purchased a second hand bike from Williams BMW in manchester, not a BMW and collected it with a trailer with no insurance in place, all i had to do was sign a disclaimer to say i was responsible for the bike and if i rode it with no insurance then it was my problem.

+1, I was sure I've heard of dealers getting you to sign a waiver saying you won't take it on public roads etc until the insurance starts. Sounds like someone is being a jobsworth :(.

I'm picking mine up on Monday (possibly) as the garage isn't open Sundays. I did want to pick it up on Saturday like you, but they weren't keen for me to do that either.
I'm not too bothered as it's snowing right now and bloody freezing, the short bike ride to drop off my blade was enough to convince me it's not biking weather just yet.

Cant believe the dealers not opening on sunday just as a one off for handovers. Picking mine up sunday from pidcocks who are opening specially till lunch time. Suppose that seperates good dealers from average ones. Pidcocks have been brilliant in every aspect of the purchase. Some dealers forget that happy customers are repeat customers.

Do you know, this is my 6th new bike in a row (all Jap) and this has to be my worst experience to date. In their defence they are open Sunday but I can't have the bike til the afternoon.
No surprise I shall be having the servicing carried out elsewhere.

You've not had the best service, I'm sure the bike will make up for all the hiccups you have had so far.
Snow here still and salt on the road so I'm leaving it at the dealers as long as I can now.
I should have bought a snow mobile,at least Id be excited about taking it out

All sorted with the dealer and I'm a happy bugger now. Cheers guy's :smile-new:

Managed to bring the insurance back a day without any further charge Dean.

Not sure what happened to link but page says
Ride Away With BMW Motorrad 5 Day Free Insurance.

With BMW Motorrad 5 Day Free Insurance, you can enjoy comprehensive insurance for 5 days when you buy a BMW motorcycle, saving you the hassle of waiting for a new Certificate of Insurance from your insurer. This allows you to ride away on a new or Approved Used BMW motorcycle the same day.
If you're a new customer, just get a quote for an annual policy from BMW Motorrad Insurance to receive your BMW Motorrad 5 Day Free cover.

To take advantage of 5 days worth of free insurance, ask your local Approved BMW Motorrad Retailer.

This offer is not available to existing BMW Motorrad Insurance customers. In the unlikely event that you are declined for a full annual policy you will not be eligible for BMW Motorrad 5 Day Free Insurance. BMW Motorrad 5 Day Free Insurance is arranged by Devitt Insurance Services Limited, Insurance Brokers. Devitt Insurance Services Limited are registered in England No. 2438974, and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

For more information please call BMW Motorrad Insurance on
0845 606 6354.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back