De cat sc project crt

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billyboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I already have an sc project crt silencer installed on my 16 plate s1krr, is there a way of decating the bike but keeping the stock headers? Thanks.

Decat

Do it properly and just fit a full exhaust system. Decating a bike is simply false economy especially when the OEM exhaust system is so good.

Re: Decat

Do it properly and just fit a full exhaust system. Decating a bike is simply false economy especially when the OEM exhaust system is so good.

The only reason I am not going for a full system is because bmw will void my warranty if the headers or ecu is interfered with...

As above. I've worked with BMW now for over 5 years and never ever heard of BMW voiding a warranty. The only thing that can happen (again, never seen it happen) is that if a fault can be proven to be due to a non approved part, that warranty claim (and only that one) can be void.

Re: Decat

That?s pure bs u being fed pal, they fit the fullsystems themselves and have no effect on the warranty .
Ecu flash can void warranty so fit a fueller and no issue.
Taking just the cat off half a job and needs a fueller or Ecu flash same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I hear mixed things tbh but all of you on here including tim are all saying the same so may jus go for it!
What a fueller by the way...?

Power commander , bazzaz , Rapidbike fuel to air module . U higher the exhaust air flow u interrupt the Ecu,s set commands ( map) the fueller then intercepts the signals sent from the Ecu to the injectors and with the new commands stored in the fueller (map) tells the injectors these new commands at what given points it is required.

I don't really wanna mess with the ecu while I have warranty tbh, might jus put some headers on and then once my warranty is up get a bazzaz ect..?

But ur not messing with the Ecu ur bypassing the Ecu commands only. This does not effect ur warranty , nor insurance !
Changing exhaust u need something coz flat spot appears at 6000 rev and ur max hp drops from 199 bhp to 178 ish. No matter what anyone says or does this happens to every s1000rr if u change the exhaust gas flow without fixing the AFR,s.
I decatted a 2009 a few weeks back and it happened . I changed full system on 2014, a 2015, and my 2017. If u can live with a half a job bike then fill ur boots , ur better off putting it in rain mode and leaving standard exhaust on coz putting a good exhaust on to knacker the bike don?t make sense to anyone .... and believe it will drop the power , the throttle response , the over all running. Dyno test it buddy

Right yeah i don't want that at all! Thatll really pi$$ me off lol!
Great thanks mate! So with a fueller your not actually altering the ecu at all, your almost adding another ecu that does all the mapping demands and leaving the stock ecu in place?

Yes buddy that?s absolutely correct . Infact u don?t even touch the Ecu. The Ecu send the commands down the wiring loom to the injector plugs , this where the fueller picks up the Ecu commands , then over writes it with the map installed in the fueller. That way the fueller can not talk to the Ecu or tell the Ecu to do anything it doesn?t want to hence no warranty issue. The fueller u install has two plugs for each injector ( rapid bike is only one that does all 8 injectors so has 16 plugs ) one plug is male and one plug is female. The female goes on the injector in place of the Ecu plug, the male then clips into the Ecu injector plug completing the wiring ring , this way the fueller picks up the Ecu commands then over writes with its commands directly into the injector .
If u take the rapid bike route don?t buy the evo as they not as competent as the racing module.

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?11275-RapidBike-Race-Mapped-by-HM-Racing

Read This thread from moderator Alex , this explains the fueller , fitment and in particular the Rapidbike which day s recommended due to retaining the signals from the lambda sensors , all other fuellers have the lambda sensors obsolete which does not allow for full access into what?s known as the ? closed loop? .
It is dearer but advantages is comes with a map ( mine Infact ) it also comes with an auto adaption feature which betters the map every time u ride so it adapts to ur ride and the atmospheric conditions which allows for continuous optimum performance ... and all without the requirement of a dyno

Hope this helps buddy , it?s confusing but once u read Alex post u should have it

Yeah just had a read it does make alot of sense! So the pcv and the bazzaz ect have to have the lamda sensor cables removed where as the rapid bike keeps it all in place? So know lights on the dash flash up with sensors been disconnected ect....

2017 / Euro4 require lambda?s plugged in or they throw a code.

Pre 17 none do.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
+1 on all of the above re full systems, fuel modules and warranty.

Only thing I would add is that, in my opinion, it is always important to notify your insurance company of such mods

Warranty

Full Exhaust System + Fuel Management System = Full Warranty.
Full Exhaust System + BMW HP Coding / Race ECU Activation = Restricted Warranty.
Full Exhaust System + Third Party ECU Flash = Warranty Void.
Full Exhaust System + BMW HP Race Calibration Kit = Warranty Void.

Re: Warranty

Full Exhaust System + Fuel Management System = Full Warranty.
Full Exhaust System + BMW HP Coding / Race ECU Activation = Restricted Warranty.
Full Exhaust System + Third Party ECU Flash = Warranty Void.
Full Exhaust System + BMW HP Race Calibration Kit = Warranty Void.

Thanks mate 👍🏻

Latest posts

Back