Data Logger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one Davy. Didn't see myself out on track thank god

Thanks for the nice comments.

I don't race but intended to start this year. I got my licence last year but as yet I haven't started.

@loupe you really ought to try to get out there. I've been riding for 36yrs and only did it for the 1st time in 2013.....wish I had done it many, many years ago.

Cheers
Davy

Thanks for the nice comments.

I don't race but intended to start this year. I got my licence last year but as yet I haven't started.

@loupe you really ought to try to get out there. I've been riding for 36yrs and only did it for the 1st time in 2013.....wish I had done it many, many years ago.

Cheers
Davy

It's something i really want to do Davy, will get my bike sorted first then see if I have the heart to track it!
How do you get to these places?
Do you do it yourself or do you have a group that organise it and does it leave from Scotland?

It's something i really want to do Davy, will get my bike sorted first then see if I have the heart to track it!
How do you get to these places?
Do you do it yourself or do you have a group that organise it and does it leave from Scotland?

Tracksense is the company I use, they are brilliant. They organise everything apart from your flights. Scotland pick up is at Falkirk. Could not be easier or better.

Davy

i've been using data logging for a good few years now,but once you connect upto the bm's ECU it gives you a ridiculous amount of info from stock,be it the solo DL,the AIM MXL2 (which i have now aswell as the DL) or the Alpha logger.

it all gives the same info,but the AIM stuff has very good s/w to be able to read+use the info you get,for me,the alpha logger is a lot of money for whats essentially a memory stick,at least with the DL you get live info if needed.

as for the lean angle,it's not very accurate in standard form,but there are math channels you can add into the AIM s/w to give a more accurate reading,not sure how good/powerfull/user friendly the alpha s/w is so cant really say.

I've managed to get a HP data logger from a fellow sidecar racer, unfortunately I did not get the software (CD I presume?) does anybody know where I can get it from or lend me a CD so that I can get it on my laptop?

You guys are seriously fast, it was my first time in Almeria this year and I only just managed to get below 2.00 mins on the S1000R! Hoping my S1000RR (on order) helps me to bring that time down.

To put things in perspective one the instructors was on a Hornet and getting well below 1.50! And Rabat of course was nailing 1.35-1.36 on each lap....

I've managed to get a HP data logger from a fellow sidecar racer, unfortunately I did not get the software (CD I presume?) does anybody know where I can get it from or lend me a CD so that I can get it on my laptop?

i think they only supply the s/w through the disc,so you will need to contact alpha racing to try to get them to send you a copy.

Or go directly to 2D, good luck trying to get this though.
The version supplied with the BMW Logger is a much cut down (limited) version of the original 2D software. The full 2D software costs ? thousands and I doubt you will be able to get a copy as I think it's software locked to Teams who purchase the licence.

Back