Dainese leather suit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maz

Reaction score
Just got a new dainese race suit for my birthday. Got the same size as my pervious suit which was an RST.

The fitting seems snug, especially round chest and shoulders.

Do they tend to soften up a bit and allow more flex or is the stretching minimum?

Also, it has the extendable backs on the legs to cover the boots. I've not had my boots on with it yet to see how it feels, but does it need to be dainese to allow this to work well? As in the soft fabric top ones?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• image-2480052795.jpg
    image-2480052795.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 62
Dainese

I've used Dainese race suits for years and they do loosen up a little over time but the cut is designed to be quite close fitting especially their made-to-measure suits. They are also only designed to work with Dainese's race 'In' boots hence the tailoring at the bottom of the legs. I would suggest you only use Dainese 'In' boots if you are going to wear them inside of the leathers and wear other brands of race boot on the outside to save overly stretching the material and distorting the shape.

I've used Dainese race suits for years and they do loosen up a little over time but the cut is designed to be quite close fitting especially their made-to-measure suits. They are also only designed to work with Dainese's race 'In' boots hence the tailoring at the bottom of the legs. I would suggest you only use Dainese 'In' boots if you are going to wear them inside of the leathers and wear other brands of race boot on the outside to save overly stretching the material and distorting the shape.

Thanks Ryan. They aren't made to measure but I'm happy with the general fit, but if they soften up and losen of a little I'll be happy.
In regards to the boots, I have sidi vertigo ATM, pretty thick around the ankles/shins so it's going to be a no no. I'll have a look for the dainese boots ASAP.
Think it will look silly more than anything not having them.

Happy birthday mate.. nice suit. Ive just sold my old Dainese to a guy in the states.. had it almost 6 years and covered easily 45 thou.. was a brilliant suit. Real quality and a lovely cut just like your own. To answer your question its like a new pair of shoes. It will conform to your body shape and usage and certainly become supple the more you wear it. Sit about the house with it on that will help bed it in, plus women like a guy in leathers... you got a gimp mask to go with it .... wink wink..

Stu

stuarts phone

Last edited:
Happy birthday mate.. nice suit. Ive just sold my old Dainese to a guy in the states.. had it almost 6 years and covered easily 45 thou.. was a brilliant suit. Real quality and a lovely cut just like your own. To answer your question its like a new pair of shoes. It will conform to your body shape and usage and certainly become supple the more you wear it. Sit about the house with it on that will help bed it in plus women like a guy in leathers.. wink wink.. Stu stuarts phone

Cheers mate. Yeah opted for that option and was wearing it sitting about. I was sure it would soften as my RST did but just not sure how much as the leather seems to be a better quality and thicker. Really happy with it tho and how it's going to look agains the Motorsport colours.

Happy birthday Maz and congrats on the new suit. Like some of the other lads I've worn Dainese for years an they do eventually give once you've had ya backside in them for a while. As for the boots I could never get away with the over the top boot action so always went for Alpinestars boots and never had any bother with the fit.

Happy birthday Maz and congrats on the new suit. Like some of the other lads I've worn Dainese for years an they do eventually give once you've had ya backside in them for a while. As for the boots I could never get away with the over the top boot action so always went for Alpinestars boots and never had any bother with the fit.

Cheers mate. Yeah the bottom seem quite baggy to be putting inside a boot. Il have a try on tho and make a call on it.
Dunno if I'm able enough to be pulling of the ace rep look with leathers over lol

Just tried to suit on with the boots and had a sit on the bike. Suit feels comfortable when sitting down. That's the main thing I suppose.
The boots won't accommodate the leathers tucked inside and when put over the top look really silly.

If you're not entirely happy Maz can't you return the suit and try another one?

If you're not entirely happy Maz can't you return the suit and try another one?

I am happy mate, just need to get the boots to fit now which is fine. My sidi are getting by their best now, with Velcro coming away and zip pulls broken.

Dainese

Dainese do a couple of 'In' options to suit all budgets. I have a set of Pro Axial In race boots and whilst they are very expensive they are simply the best boots I have ever owned. If you have the opportunity I would try them on first as Dainese footwear sizes are noticeably smaller than other brands.

http://www.dainese.com/eu_en/motorbike/boots.html

Latest posts

Back