Crash protection

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Javlin

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting some crash protection I had a look on gb racings web site I can see the benifit of fitting engine covers but for a set of three it's ?170 it made me wonder how much would it cost to replace an original caseing. There's also mixed views about sliders GB list standard and race, the race sliders are designed not to flip the bike a design request by the race guys which isn't very reassuring if they don't want to fit protruding sliders should we ? So do you pay for the protection or just put the money you would have spent fixing the bike IF you come off.

If you go through the case you can quickly get to many more expensive parts...however, I have to say I can't see how these sliders can cost so much.

I have used both the GB kit and rizoma products on my bike. Expensive for what appears to be not a lot but they are specifically designed with materials to give the best protection. I'm using the GB kit now as it is more comprehensive in terms of overall protection and ideal for trackdays which I am doing more of. The rizomas look much nicer and show the engine off, and would protect if it was a drop or small slide, so more road bias.

Replacement casings will cost a fair bit, clean second hand ones fetch ?100+ on the bay if you are lucky enough to come across any.

My experience is even with sliders the bike is pretty much gonna be fubar'd....personally i'd go with out...try not to crash it and use the money on other trick parts....

I had a small off at knockhill a couple of weeks ago, have R&g aero sliders on the bike saved me a fortune, lost the front on Scotsman about 58mph, minor damage to me and bike , the only parts I have had to replace are rear brake leaver, standard ehaust, right indicator and right crash bung , not one panel scratched so worth there weigh in gold to me , obviously the outcome is dependent on what type of crash you have.....

Javlin, the only crash protection I had fitted were the aero sliders , but I will be fitting engine case sliders in the future just in case I run out of talent again☺

It's interesting that DL84 had an off and saved a load of body damage with just sliders which are quite cheap. Once you start considering case sliders both R&G and Rizoma are around ?100, I'm told that GB Racing covers add full protection and look really good you're going to pay ?170 but if there's an added bonus that they improve the look of the bike perhaps there worth the extra if you're going down the crash protection route.

I've got R&G engine case sliders,aero sliders,fork sliders and bobbins, all in maybe around ?200. Well worth it for piece of mind. Price up any panel or engine case and you'll be a lot more than ?200. I don't put these on with the intention of crashing but it's reass its there.

Latest posts

Back