Crash protection recommendations

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preynol1

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Been looking at crash protection, are wondering on engine case protectors, crash bugs or both. Any advice on which and makes, fit ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gb racing for engine case protection, for crash bungs and general protection like fork legs and swing arm these are all good: Evotech, rizoma, R&G, lightech, alpharacing.

I use case protectors with fork and swing arm protection.

As Soof wisey suggests above.

In addition Id look at Shep's fairings Engine Covers as they're about 3/5 of the price of GB Racing Covers.
A little spend now might save a very costly spend later!

Reminds me I need to pick up front fork protectors

JayBee biker bits on ebay sell full crash mushroom sets for the s1k for about a third cheaper than RG Racing.

Have them on my bike,good bit of kit.

Took a trip to GB racing to see how the engine casing covers are made.
Great little factory indeed.

CNC milling machine for making the moulds

Mould for 2017 GSXR1000

Injection moulding machine

2015 R1 cover

Ducati Dealership

Huge traffic jam on the M25 heading back home.

[/QUOTE]

I have a similar setup to Soof and also recommend GB Racing case covers and Evotech spindle sliders.

Crash bungs are great for a tip over, but if you use the bike on track they significantly increase the chances of the bike flipping and can cause frame damage

Crash Protection

Crash bungs are great for a tip over, but if you use the bike on track they significantly increase the chances of the bike flipping and can cause frame damage

From experience not if your using low profile crash protectors designed for track use.

Crash Protection

For track use I would highly recommend those from alpha Racing as from experience they work. However, do not expect them to save anything other than the frame in the event of a crash as that is all they are designed to do.

Re: Crash Protection

For track use I would highly recommend those from alpha Racing as from experience they work. However, do not expect them to save anything other than the frame in the event of a crash as that is all they are designed to do.

Thanks Ryan, are they the "cut" style or "no cut"?

alpha Racing Crash Protectors

The version for the 2015-on model fit without modification to the fairing.

Latest posts

Back