Comms

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notgreen

Reaction score
Guys,

Just bought first RR. Going away on it with the Mrs, want to get A) some half decent luggage, rucksacks, or something that will work with her on the back, and B) What are anyone's thoughts on either the SENA 20S headset or the Scala Pack talk!?

At the moment I am favouring the new Scala, but I welcome your thoughts and advice!!?

Many thanks,

Jon.

A) I'd be looking at a Ventura Rack system + Kriega 25 for her to wear + a Held Visor Hip Bag for you and possibly a Wunderlich Tank Bag...
B) No idea :)

I've got a G9x, it's a good bit of tech but the newer units (sena 20 and pactalk) have the ability to layer gps/chat/music rather than stop one to hear the other if you know what I mean? What I found annoying was you would be chatting away in town and the gps would chip in with voice prompts and cut the comms to the other rider where it would have been nice to be able to do both at the same time. A minor gripe, apart from that it's very good.

I've got a G9x, it's a good bit of tech but the newer units (sena 20 and pactalk) have the ability to layer gps/chat/music rather than stop one to hear the other if you know what I mean? What I found annoying was you would be chatting away in town and the gps would chip in with voice prompts and cut the comms to the other rider where it would have been nice to be able to do both at the same time. A minor gripe, apart from that it's very good.
What Timmay said!
I've had a G9 for 2-3 years now, it's been fine with the exception of the cutting out until now. The Mrs has the Q3 and that's worked fine too.
It's on it's way out and will likely replace with the PackTalk, when they eventually reach our shores.

sena SM10 , great system , buy the adapter plug so you can use proper earbuds as well
excellent kit

+1 on the Wunderlich tankbag ;) ...totally unobtrusive....you forget it's there when riding!

Back