Comfort Seat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r15suk

Reaction score
I was wondering what people think of the comfort seat. I was contemplating getting one as I will be using my bike for everything from short blasts to European travel.

Cheers
Simon

Looks more comfortable, but really costly, I'm thinking of Luimoto gel pads and re cover.

Also, I will take out the 'slope' of the padding as I don't like the way it pushes you forward.

Cheers,

Mark

I don't have one so not done any miles on one, but when I sat on a demo bike with a comfort seat on I noticed it was higher (good) but this put more weight on my wrists (bad). I decided against it on those grounds. Id be interested to hear from anyone that's done decent miles on one?

Yeah I spotted they were expensive, so will see how I get on with the standard one over the summer.

Simon

I'm also not a fan of the sloping seat I've been thinking about getting some extra padding put in the front of the seat to level it out a bit

I'm also not a fan of the sloping seat I've been thinking about getting some extra padding put in the front of the seat to level it out a bit

Do you have someone in mind to do this?

Simon

There's a guy from falkirk that advertises on eBay that does seats. I had him do mines and a mates seats from our fireblades. Cracking job and defo more comfy. He's a retired upholsterer from the coach building company Alexander's. I think he took ?60 , you send him the seat and he puts thicker foam in it then recovers it. He does different stuff if you wish on the recovers like piping or badges etc. I'll get his name and details and post them later.

Back