clip ons modification

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cally1066

Reaction score
Tonight I decided to saw the little locating pegs off the clipons that align the bars so that I could rotate the bars a bit forward for more comfort, only to discover that the left clipon will only rotate about 2mm before the pinch bolts on the bar hit against the ignition lock lol , fookin waste of time that was

Well im pleased to report that after taking the bike out for a test ride just now the mingie 2mm I moved the bars forward at the top of the forks has made a bit more of a difference at the end of the bars and now feels more comfortable :)

Having ran my bike previously with helibars for two months I took them off and sold them and went back to the oem bars as I planned on doing more track days but today I've bit the bullet and bought another set of helibars :)

Nothing like being decisive lol! Did you notice any difference in vibration with the Helibars?

Since I took my r&g frame sliders off the bike micky the handle bar vibration has all but gone, the helibars just put your hands in a much more comfortable position lol

Since I took my r&g frame sliders off the bike micky the handle bar vibration has all but gone, the helibars just put your hands in a much more comfortable position lol

I found the opposite with the helibars. Never owned any, but sat on a bike with them, and within 30 seconds my wrists were hurting from being bent in wrong position

Back