Clean chain

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
go on eBlag and look for gunk engine degreaser its about 10 quid for 5 litres.
rub plenty on chain with a chain cleaning brush wait 5 mins
then wash off with soapy water.
I then I use a little bit of brake cleaner on the chain and let it dry.
then put some wurth dry chain lube on.

Used gunk a lot on engines, quite aggressive, don't think I'd want to use it on O-rings. Use both of the others tho

Gunk is water soluble, I buy a 5ltr container from my local motor factors.. I think they charge 5 or 6 quid.

When I was a lad the Gunk formula was different when washed off it was white in colour and reeked of solvent.....it's definitely changed to a more eco friendly substance..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gunk is water soluble, I buy a 5ltr container from my local motor factors.. I think they charge 5 or 6 quid.

When I was a lad the Gunk formula was different when washed off it was white in colour and reeked of solvent.....it's definitely changed to a more eco friendly substance..

gunk degreaser come in a square orange tin when was a young pup
Really strong stuff.
This gunk degreaser I use is on eBay 5 litres for 9 quid
pink in colour and last forever.
It?s been friendly to my chains over the years
i used to use red diesel cleaning chains but was told not to use it
so went on to gunk

Thats right it came in an orange tin... you brushed it on with a paint brush...it was pretty strong gear...Ill need to pick some more up..
2813a964240f9a861106f0e0985e0dd4.jpg

Probably what I remember as an old git lol

I clean the chain every 500-700 km with kerosene and a regular brush. After drying, use Motul C4 Lube Chain Factory Line. Passed 8000km. Like new. There is never any rust.

Back