Chris Walker Race School

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah well...

Initially it looked as I was getting the better deal weather-wise, but the forecast for the afternoon is getting better and better, so should be alright for both of us..

Had a cracking time at the Race School, well worth the money IMO. Well structured, run and controlled with as much done to prevent people binning it whilst still enjoying yourself. Five track sessions with classroom inputs from James Whitam in between, culminating in your Superpole session. Ratio is one to two with an instructor until the last one where it's one to one. Couple of heavy showers in the afternoon spoiled it a bit but overall, had a cracking time and thanks to Danny Buchan for his advice and tips. Anyone thinking of it, it's worth it and well organised. Will do the one to one school when I can fix it up. Hope Rick agrees with this !! Please don't ask what my best lap time was as I'm too embarased to say, but it was wet !!!!!

If ya learned something and enjoyed yourself , it sounds like the perfect day
She about the weather

I have heard mixed reports about this, didnt want to say earlier. But really pleased you had a good time. Thats the main thing :)

Sounding good Malky, I wanted to do the CSS levels this year yet think this maybe a better stepping stone?

shame about hethe weather yet glad you kept it n the black stuff and bad fun!!!

. Will do the one to one school when I can fix it up. Hope Rick agrees with this !!

Funny you should say that Malky, I'm really torn as to next step.. not sure if it is best to do this event again, or go straight to the 121 event....

Firstly, I would echo what Malky said, I had a great time. Not only because we only got 5 mins rain in the morning session, but I learned a lot (it was my first time on track on a bike). Jamie Whitham gave some good (and amusingly delivered) advice in the classroom - only a little of it was genuinely new information to me, but the context really helped. The morning was one constant hop between listening to Jamie in the classroom and then jumping onto the bike and chasing Peter Hickman round the track.....

When you first go out Jamie tries to pair you up with another rider (only so there are 2 students per instructor, your bike is your own for the whole time). The idea is that you should both be of a similiar standard, so you aren't held back. I got a new partner after the first session, as I was quicker (he didn't have as much experience on a bike generally), and the new pairing was a really good fit. We got braver and faster with every session. I was leaning my bike over wayyyy more than at the start of the day. I shall save Malky's blushes and say only that Jamie gave us a target time to aim for (in the dry), and I was comfortably inside that at the end....and I reckon I could have gone faster if we hadn't been slowed down by other groups ahead of us.

So.. the question is..would I benefit from this style of session again, or the more concentrated tuition of the 121 format...still thinking about that... I did note that many of the fastest riders in our session appeared to have been there before

That's good advice a mate of mines done all levels and raves about it do I may start there this summer.

Heck there's nothing stopping me from doing both..as what the Doris doesn't know can't hurt her after all.

Having had a think about it and playing devils advocate, there is only one negative I can see which might effect those who have had a bit of track experience. Due to Mallory being a short circuit, you can easily waste a good lap if
(a) you get caught behind a slower group and try to get past
or
(b) you are caught by a faster group and have to give way
With laps being limited this might piss some people off and on a longer circuit would be less of a problem. But that's about the only negative I can see to be honest.

Latest posts

Back