Chopped Std Exhaust Box with PCV?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting my 2013 to breathe a little better so was thinking about exhaust and PCV - however, dont want to get a set of race pipes on that are tricky to get through scrutineering on some tracks - Q: has anybody chopped the crap out of the std box to get it to perform better? Or this dumb idea...?

Cheers
:hopelessness:

Take your can off and start the bike, the noise difference is minimal. All the noise suppression is in the CAT. That said, mine had a full works race system fitted and I never had a problem with scrutineering.

Thanks N. Yes its the cat I'm thinking of working on mate, not the end can.

I'm hoping its a cheaper performance mod as well.

I'm selling a decat system in the for sale section its just what you need

Hi I have a front section from a 2013 with everything removed from inside if you want to swap it for yours ?

going slightly off subject here, but has anyone managed to remove the cat core from an exhaust? I was thinking of cutting it and trying to get the cat contents out. At least then for future reference (MOT's etc...) it would look standard still...

CDP - thats exactly what id like to do. Ive heard people have done it but it's be good to know if it sounds a bit dodgy and what power gains it'd bring.

Back