Chinese seat cowl

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yam-andy

Reaction score
Has anybody tried a Chinese seat cowl? A lad from work has one on his R6 and looks spot on once painted, £25 and free delivery, though since a lot of people on here are slating the bikes quality this can't really be that bad option!! Got a mate who can paint it so only have to pay for materials, probs looking at 35ish all in, got to be with a shot!

Yes, I bought one and got it painted Thunder Grey locally and it's as good/bad as the official BMW one IMO. Cost me just £40, so was well chuffed, however, (depending on what colour u need) I see that u can buy them off eBay painted now for just £25!

Yes, I bought one and got it painted Thunder Grey locally and it's as good/bad as the official BMW one IMO. Cost me just £40, so was well chuffed, however, (depending on what colour u need) I see that u can buy them off eBay painted now for just £25!

Yes I'm looking for a white seat cowl and hav seen these painted ones for £25 has anyone got one ? Just wondered what the quality and paint colour match was like as it said cannot guarantee colour match thanks.

If you want a bang on match then get a blank and have it painted. Also the clear coat is shit, also there is a good chance that the clear will yellow after a couple of years. You get what you pay for! I have bought numerous painted fairing for my projects over the years. most of them yellowed (like nicotine finger) within 2/3 years.

I have one which I don't want, an original BMW turned up at the same time as I brought it. You can have it for £15 inc post.

Back