Chester or Manchester

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniMee

Reaction score
Need my 2012 S1000RR serviced, and distance wise Chester & Manchester are about the same for me, but along with the service I need a few jobs doing, no back brake, very hard to select neutral, error code EW5 (since putting full arrow system on) and electrics need checking as a whole. Any advice? if it was just a service I would not be asking as I assume it is a set price, but with all these other little jobs well hmmm.

Any advice most welcome, cheers

Need my 2012 S1000RR serviced, and distance wise Chester & Manchester are about the same for me, but along with the service I need a few jobs doing, no back brake, very hard to select neutral, error code EW5 (since putting full arrow system on) and electrics need checking as a whole. Any advice? if it was just a service I would not be asking as I assume it is a set price, but with all these other little jobs well hmmm.

Any advice most welcome, cheers

I bought my bike from Chester a couple of months ago......it's been back in a couple of times with issues and tbh they just seem ridiculously busy...borderline too busy to entertain me at all! ....less than happy with the customer service if im honest...they all seem like a nice bunch of people but there seems to be some serious issues with understaffing and the workshop seems ridiculously busy?? Unanswered emails and unreturned calls etc!

I've spoken to Manchester numerous times and they do seem more reactive, but i haven't ventured over there yet so can't guarantee they are any better??

I believe BMW recently did a 150,000 bike recall on the GS so maybe that's what's causing the problems?? I personally don't care about their GS problems, i just want reactive customer service and i want my bike back which has been sitting in their workshop for over a week with a simple switch problem!

Brilliant bike but less than impressed with the dealer experience :-/

Apologies for the rant.....Manchester?

I bought my bike from Chester a couple of months ago......it's been back in a couple of times with issues and tbh they just seem ridiculously busy...borderline too busy to entertain me at all! ....less than happy with the customer service if im honest...they all seem like a nice bunch of people but there seems to be some serious issues with understaffing and the workshop seems ridiculously busy?? Unanswered emails and unreturned calls etc!

I've spoken to Manchester numerous times and they do seem more reactive, but i haven't ventured over there yet so can't guarantee they are any better??

I believe BMW recently did a 150,000 bike recall on the GS so maybe that's what's causing the problems?? I personally don't care about their GS problems, i just want reactive customer service and i want my bike back which has been sitting in their workshop for over a week with a simple switch problem!

Brilliant bike but less than impressed with the dealer experience :-/

Apologies for the rant.....Manchester?

I must confess that when I was out at the weekend I chatted with someone that seemed to be going through the same as you with Chester, thought it may have been a one off, but seems he was not alone. Cheers for the feedback

I purchased mine from Chester and the service I got from the sales through to collection/delivery was spot on. The first service was a different experience, appointment booked and when I arrived was told there was a lack of staff on the day plus they had a hour for lunch. The bike went in later than my appointment time and overall I was there about 3 hours, not what I wanted after booking the day off work. Service work was spot on but like you I may consider elsewhere for next service.

Thanks for all the feedback, just booked in with Manchester, bit of a wait, but then it is peak season I guess

Latest posts

Back