Chain problems..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like andy says, from perfect to unrideable in one throttle twist is wrong. My money is on it being wrong torque on the back wheel axle nut, giving a tiny position slip after working loose. Done 2 track days plus the 3k miles never had any issues. No rust either, cleaned and waxed every 500 miles as per the manual.

interested to know what the problem really is.

Thought that might of been the case but it was pretty tight when i tried to loosen the wheel nut to make adjustments on the side of the road, also the adjusting bolts were both as should be, which should also prevent the wheel being pulled forward. i guess it will hard to know for sure unless i have the chain checked out by the dealer? Did seem fine again once i adjusted it on side of road and have Just ordered set of LighTech Chain adjusters so if have any more issues at least ill be able to adjust much easier.

I would be letting the dealer take a look and check it before fitting the lightech adjusters.

Just remembered a (deceased) friend had a chain go on a XJR years ago. It took out most of the engine covers and nearly his leg, so I'd recommend you take it very easy if you have any concerns about the integrity of the chain before you get it checked out.

Last edited:
When my chain gave up it did similar but it was a particularly hard days riding up & down the grossglockner glacier lots of 1st gear corners but by the end of the day it was almost dragging on the floor but it had done about 4k by then.

Just remembered a (deceased) friend had a chain go on a XJR years ago. It took out most of the engine covers and nearly his leg, so I'd recommend you take it very easy if you have any concerns about the integrity of the chain before you get it checked out.

Ouch, yes that would be wise i think..

When my chain gave up it did similar but it was a particularly hard days riding up & down the grossglockner glacier lots of 1st gear corners but by the end of the day it was almost dragging on the floor but it had done about 4k by then.

Yes lol.. I'd expect the chain to go with that punishment, but definitely not after an easy run in period and 1000 miles of fast road riding.

Latest posts

Back