Castle Combe Track Db problem solved

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogfox

Reaction score
Hi, I was having problems with passing the noise level test at Castle Combe. 105db at 75% measured at 0.5 of a metre. The bike came in at 109db. Given that it is my local track all very frustrating. Then I had a chat with Mark Lumb at MADASL racing and he sorted it ! I will post pictures. Basically Mark has designed an elongated baffle which fits into the stock exhaust via one attachment point. Very easy to fit and take off and reduces noise to 104.5db or as low as 102db depending on the baffle set up. I did not notice any degradation in power, although their must be, and a full on racer would see the difference. That being said for mere mortals like me it solved the problem without any noticeable change in power. So a very functional solution, not the prettiest thing but the gizmos inside work ! If you are interested contact Mark Lumb on 07534 071550 .... I have NO commercial interest in this just letting you know of a solution for reducing db for track days ..... Have fun!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 85
Lol yeah that's proper wank , it isn't April is it ???
Go somewhere else matey for your track fun , an arrow system with the full baffle in is like a car and should piss that db

If I was at a track and I needed it to ride I'd use it , but buy it , no way that is proper fugly

Last edited:
you must of been revving to hard!! the akky slip on passes at around 96 my leo vince full system blew at 109 then with the BAFFLE in it blew 102

It's a wind up surely:Banane19:but then again... You've gone to the trouble of making a strap and hanger :numbness:

Latest posts

Back