Carbon wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopper link=topic=1984.msg18378#msg18378 date=1358457008 said:
r25sti link=topic=1984.msg18377#msg18377 date=1358456905 said:
i noticed the difference on my gixer 1000 after fitting the bst's,a massive difference but the bigger difference was after refitting the oe wheels when i was selling it.the bike was soooo much more stable with the oe wheels,yes not as flickerble but held its line loads better.i personally wouldnt both with lighter wheels on a road bike again having said that the oe wheels on my brutale are already light marchies.obviously fit lighter wheels on track bikes and ive got marchies on my gixer and cant afford some mag wheels for the beemer yet.

Wife's GIXER ;-)

lol....when she pays for it she can call it hers...lol....infact that goes for both her gixers.lol

As said previously,Mag wheels have a limited lifespan and if they get chipped they corrode very quickly when the air gets to them.

For road use,I would go Forged Alloy.They are about 1 kilo lighter than the OE wheels but the biggest gain is that forged aluminium is denser than cast which means the rim can be machined thinner which reduces rotating mass.

Apart from the Bling factor on a road bike there is no real advantage in Carbon wheels.
Being black they don't really stand out much anyway.
However IMO a nice set of coloured alloys stands out much more.

Latest posts

Back