Carbon Tank Cover 2015-2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
alpha Racing

I would advise against buying the alpha Racing part if you are just fitting it for aesthetic reasons. Whilst the quality is very good, its ultimately made for race use so the finish is not to the same standard when compared to carbon fibre parts from the likes of BMW et al. Their tank cover is designed to work with their short and long race tails so fitment may be an issue when used with OEM fairings.

Re: alpha Racing

I would advise against buying the alpha Racing part if you are just fitting it for aesthetic reasons. Whilst the quality is very good, its ultimately made for race use so the finish is not to the same standard when compared to carbon fibre parts from the likes of BMW et al. Their tank cover is designed to work with their short and long race tails so fitment may be an issue when used with OEM fairings.

Thanks - that's what I assumed but it's good to have confirmation.

SSR carbon is great quality and a very good fit too.
Have some of their stuff on my bike,cant fault the quality of it.Blends in perfectly with the Ilmberger twill weave carbon on the bike.

Cheaper to buy from their site direct than from their Ebay shop.

Well it was for me.

My bike is a Gen1,just saying that the SSR Carbon matches in very well the Ilmberger carbon.
Both are twill weave gloss carbon.

Was addressing your concerns about it matching the Ilmberger.

I got mine from carbon king, it hasn't got the sides as the one above but the quality and finish is spot on.

I got all mine from jap4 performancs, just waiting for some tank infills. the quality is that good that preston Bmw thought it was there stuff . Think the lot I got was cheaper than the bmw airbox lid on its own and he does a 10% discount to all forum members.

Dean

image_zpsazkgdrh9.jpeg

image_zpsvvjvytms.jpeg

image_zpsivb4hwus.jpeg

image_zpsm9fbpika.jpeg

image_zpsjnldqyjz.jpeg

image_zpsybuxwnbx.jpeg

I am always browsing for carbon fibre bits and apart from Alpha I don't think I have seen the tank cover and tank side panels as an all in one unit. I have a mixture of Ilmberger and Fullsix parts which look identical, however I bought a set of Jap4performance frame covers as the Ilmberger ones were ridiculously expensive and the weave is different. I would describe the weave on Ilmberger and a Fullsix as set at a 45 degree angle whilst the Jap4performance is vertical and horizontal. I'm sure most people won't notice the difference but I know it's there and it bugs me.

The Slovak guys that supplied my tank in-fils on the '12 do said cover. I think I'll find out if they do it in Twill (45deg) pattern or not. As I deffo want that look.

Appreciate the comments about the 3piece kits but I'm hoping to find an all-in-one.

- Sent from Mobile

I am always browsing for carbon fibre bits and apart from Alpha I don't think I have seen the tank cover and tank side panels as an all in one unit. I have a mixture of Ilmberger and Fullsix parts which look identical, however I bought a set of Jap4performance frame covers as the Ilmberger ones were ridiculously expensive and the weave is different. I would describe the weave on Ilmberger and a Fullsix as set at a 45 degree angle whilst the Jap4performance is vertical and horizontal. I'm sure most people won't notice the difference but I know it's there and it bugs me.

Ye I agree that once you start mixing and matching it does look shit, and lets face it we all just fit for aesthetic reasons not for weight saving as a good shit before a ride will save more weight.

Dean

Just got an SSR extended carbon front mudguard in the post this morning.

Very good quality and lovely twill weave pattern too,fits in nicely with the Ilmberger race bellypan.

Latest posts

Back