Carbon frame protectors

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godzilla

Reaction score
Thinking of getting some carbon frame protectors. The ones that stick over the frame.

Do you have any? What are they like?

Or have you any ideas of the best place to get them from?

Ta.

I have them fitted to mine mate I bought frame and swing arm covers as I intended to try and get into track day scene this year, and want to limit damage in the event of an off, I purchased mine from a member on here from carbon web, the quality is spot on and they are fully Kevlar backed for strength rather than just having smaller areas reinforced, the frame covers actually cover full frame around mounting points too behind fairing, I'm at work at the min but I'll post some pics up later on

Looked at the carbon web ones but they dont cover the engine mount brackets. I'm sure Ive seen some that do.

Ilmberger too expensive.

Wow didn't think anything was too expensive for you.

Would agree that the better ones seem to cover engine mounts as well which seem to be major areas of damage. Jap4 are supposed to be good but dont cover the engine mounts.

Yep. Thoughts are, if you get some , I'm gonna have to get some ....bling boy !!! They look good - swingarm too ? :)

I'm assuming you're fixing with silicone sealant?

Anybody had to remove anything yet and deal with the silicone afterwards?

I'm tempted to fit some but when it comes to sale time it may need to come off (I think if I were looking to buy a bike with frame covers on it I'd want to know if they were hiding anything!)

no silicone mate, used high strength adhesive tape, not the crap you buy from local DIY, go somewhere like Cromwell tools, RS, or go to 3M tapes, the stuff I used comes in different grades of thickness and different applications it's stuck solid and actually looked like the stuff bmw use on the small black plastic pieces on the swing arm.Just use a decent cleaner on frame or swing arm first and let bike run for a while as this will get a bit of heat in and help adhesion.

no silicone mate, used high strength adhesive tape, not the crap you buy from local DIY, go somewhere like Cromwell tools, RS, or go to 3M tapes, the stuff I used comes in different grades of thickness and different applications it's stuck solid and actually looked like the stuff bmw use on the small black plastic pieces on the swing arm.Just use a decent cleaner on frame or swing arm first and let bike run for a while as this will get a bit of heat in and help adhesion.

Do you have a link to the stuff you bought please?

Latest posts

Back