Cadwell 9th May 2015

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm there the next day Alex ... enjoy the best track in the country :love-struck:

Hi chaps, I'll be there with a few others who have taken advantage of the discount scheme I've set up, to do the same you have to phone direct, 01474 875226, speak to Stuart, Dan or anyone else who knows and ask to be added to the BMW club list, they don't take your money from your card until we have the minimum number to qualify. I'm at Snetterton on Monday the 27th April, same scheme for that one as well.

p.s. you don't have to smoke a pipe or wear slippers! Baz, you haven't booked Cadwell yet, there are only a few places left.

Any particular gotcha's on Cadwell? How do people take the mountain (on a road bike, not aiming to fly!). Any particulary trick corners that need extra care whilst learning the track?

Looking forward to Saturday now!

From my limited, amateur experience of the circuit on track days:

Coppice can be taken a lot faster than you first think possible (scares me a little on full chat). Massive corner speed difference if you nail it, fantastic.

Any acceleration as you go over the mountain will make you wheelie. Watch out for the second 'summit' before the paddock. I like my wheels on the ground most of the time so I roll off the throttle slightly when I get to the top and get my weight as forward as possible. Not exactly Rossi beating style.

Hairpin and Barn - these can be a bit greasy if the weather isn't the best.

Great track IMO. Have to wait until July :(.

Actually...does Wheelie control not kick in? So you can just nail it up the mountain and let the ABS/DTC sort it out?

lol - I don't think I'll try it...but it would be cool if that IS the case. Think I'd want a better steering damper and forks etc before attempting. And stronger quads to push myself forwards!

Ahh c**p - just looked at the weather forecast. 12-14degC...and Light Rain! Wooo...feck.

I've got to fit new front wheel bearings before I leave Friday evening, 18,000 miles and they're noisey, unless someone else can explain the rumbling when I spin the wheel, I don't think it's hard braking that's knackered them but could be the rough tracks I've ridden on when adventuring in Switzerland, more likely the heavy landings when the safety devices cut in over the mountain, I'm sure it bounced a foot on the rebound! I'm not brave enough to turn it off, there are 6 going in our group, Alex, I'll send out a meeting plan, I'll be sleeping in my red Toyota Hi-ace, 03 plate, you can leave stuff in it if you're riding up.

?250 for 'ground up' track day insurance (not including the fairings (that closer to ?400) with Moris. Worth it? Anyone recommend better?

Had a great day, no rain but a few damp patches for the first session, 7 of us met up and soon became 9 as our neighbours were 'Billy no mates'!!! read the answer to the wheel bearing mystery under the other tread. We were all happy bunnies! R B

Back