BST Carbon Wheels

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickyC

Reaction score
As per title, has anyone tried these on the S1 or HP4? If so, is the noticeable difference worth all that money?

Ta, Mike

Not got them on my HP4 but did buy a set for my old K5 Ex-Superstock track bike and they made a big difference. Worth the cash and when i recover from the outlay for the HP4 could see myself buying another set.

Thanks guys. I have heard pretty much all good things about the BSTs, a lot of money though, hmm decisions decisions....

What is the truth about their road credentials? Ie everyone hears scare stories about the potential for catastrophic failure...but that's just it, it's potential not actual as far as I can see.

Has anyone actually heard of a carbon (or composite) wheel failing on the road?

Love mine, first thing i bought, they make the bike feel very light and easy to turn.

As for wheel failures i keep a very close eye on mine and inspect them for damage every time i wash the bike and have never spotted anything untoward, i do feel though that because of the nature of carbon fibre if you were to hit something hard enough the wheel would likely fail completely where an ally wheel would likely just buckle however if the front tyre was to deflate then the outcome would probably be the same depending on speed.

If anything i suspect they can take much more of a beating before failing than the stock wheels. As above if they did fail it would be a big one rather than a buckle but chance of that have to be minimal or really they would not want to sell them for road use in the UK with our roads.

Ok, I've pretty much decided on a set of BST carbons (against the wishes of my bank account) but now have the dilemma of keep with the 'standard' bearings or upgrade to ceramics... another £350 eek! I'm obviously not going to notice the difference as it would be the first time I've had carbon wheels.

Back