braking distances

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GB Racing

Yes that should be the correct GB Racing package. To fit the toe/chain guard you will need to drill and tap the swingarm. You only really need to fit one if you are racing to meet ACU safety standards. Everything else simply bolts on.

GB Racing

You will find the torque values in the instructions that come with the kit. They will also supply you with new bolts. Do not over-tighten them or you will be doing a bolt extraction!

OEM Engine Case Bolts

For reference if using/refitting OEM engine case bolts the torque value is 3 Nm + 90? turn.

I wouldn?t fit the chain guard. Because when it comes to selling its a red flag for a buyer. Nothing says raced like ACU required fittings which need drilling to fit.
I bought one not realising and its still in the box...

- Sent from Mobile

I have a lower chain guard fitted and personally I wouldn?t even think twice about it. I can understand safety wiring being a red flag, but I?ve never heard a chain guard being an issue come re-sale.
You could always check with your BMW dealer and see what they say for peace of mind?

I was really surprised that the BMW swing arm doesn?t come pre tapped ...

Back