Brake lever

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moggy23

Reaction score
I've fitted an adjustable brake lever to my 2010 model and now it's really tight on the lever as soon as I put the minimum amount of pressure on the lever the brakes engage
Is this something that needs looking at or does this happen with aftermarket levers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It not be sitting properly.... I had this and riding the bike for about 2 mins and the brakes were completely locked.... try and take them off and re-sit it...." I noticed the difference straight away"

I've taken the lever off and re fitted it but it's still the same

I did that and there was a slight amount of give but tbh it wasn't that different

Sounds like this could be a bit dangerous, are you able to get the front wheel off the ground and see if the pads are binding?

I had a pazzo levers that give me the same problem, I gave up with them because the brakes where constantly on causing them to get red hot.

The brakes are fine and are not binding it's just as soon as you put any amongst of pressure on the lever the brakes start to activate there is no play in the lever at all

I've ordered another clutch lever the same so will try that and see what the outcome is

What make of lever is it? I have an ASV brake lever and it must be fitted with the supplied ASV push rod and lever bushing. If fitted with the OEM parts it would lock solid on the first application.

It's only one of those cheap ones from eBay so that's prob why it's causing the issues[emoji23]

Looks like I might need your assistance[emoji23]

I'll pop over Saturday am if that's ok?

Latest posts

Back