BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that would be a good option. The spacers were actually held quite well with the grease, should they be?
The calliper was the fiddly thing and being mindful not to mark the sensor for the ABS took a bit of thought and time. As with anything it will be a lot easier and quicker next time. The HP adjusters were a great buy, I bought them for looks but saved me a lot of blood sweat and tears!
I have 2 sets of wheels so I take it once they are in they stay there, do I need to be buying 2 sets of captive spacers?

Captive Spacers

Sometimes it's just the simple things that make all the difference on a track bike and captive spacers are definitely well worth the very small investment.

Just a note...... Depending on how many times you change tyres which necessitates removal of said spacer, keep an eye on the spring in the seal lip because I've seen them dislodged when the captive spacer is taken out. This may in turn get mangled in the bearing assembly...

Upon visiting Lind Motorrad (Norwich brand) last weekend, I stumbled upon this beauty in expected showroom condition just of the service and parts desk :)

I'd add more photos but Im already jealous enough right now.. :biggrin-new:

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

Thanks! Although it looks far better being used on track where it belongs and not in the showroom...

attachment.php

Is the carbon on the frame and tank from Alpha Racing? And if so can you post the partnumbers?

alpha Racing Levers

Yes; those are the correct links. Here are a couple of pictures of them fitted.

alpha Racing Switchgear

Thanks. They are superb and far more ergonomic and easier to use on track; especially when changing modes and adjusting DTC on the fly when conditions change. They are also far more robust than the OEM switchgear.

alpha Racing Switchgear

When you fit the alpha Racing switchgear you lose both cruise control and the heated grip functions as they as not designed to accommodate them. It's not really an issue as you don't need either for track use!

I see that you have the clipons from Alpha aswell. I had a little accident on the track sunday and the right clipon is bend now.
I saw a "How to video" where you have to drill a little hole into clipon for the screw which fasten the handle to the clipon. Do you have experience replacing them by yourself?

Is this the one you have installed?
https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...nid=4vqtgd2dm6liosk9k9s3fd4mv6&cPath=1_26_28&

Ok, will do thank you for the tip.

Whats your opinion about the carbon from Alpha racing? I see it's cheaper as Fullsix and Akraprovic but can you say somehting about the quality.

Latest posts

Back