BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I couldn't justify the outlay for the GP4-RX with the level of my riding and the infrequency of it, so I opted for the M4's, and again purely so I could use 2 pads per caliper, there just seemed to be a ridiculous hike in the price for the 4 pads over the 2 pad calipers.

I've had M4's before and whilst they never gave what I thought was a noticeable difference over OEM brembo's (although I had already upgraded to a 19X20 master cylinder too) I would definitely say that Brembo calipers over the years are being used more an more as OEM parts and I firmly believe that the quality certainly in the finish has lowered a little, there is no arguing that the performance of the OEM calipers is excellent particularly for a road bike though.

Brembo GP4-RX Calipers

I only went for the GP4-RX calipers simply because of the amount of time I spend on track. The important thing for me is the cost-saving over time for brake pads. With regards to build quality, the GP4-RX is a race caliper and when compared to the OEM Brembo caliper it is vastly superior. It's not surprising really and with Brembo you get what you pay for; but that said the OEM calipers are brilliant in terms of braking performance.

Brembo Z04 Front Brake Pads

These arrived in the post today to compliment my new Brembo GP4-RX calipers.

attachment.php

Brembo Part No. 107.A486.39

Last edited:
Pretty sure you have a photo studio and camera setup permanently :D

I cant wait for photos of the GP4 RX Callipers on the bike next :apple: Green with envy!

Ryan any reason you didn't just put M4's on when you purchased the bike two years ago?
Or looked at the M50 callipers (but I believe they utilise a different MC size for the change in calliper pistons)

Also have you changed your wheel discs due to wear now you are using more aggressive pads then OE?

Last edited:
Brembo GP4-RX Calipers

I cant wait for photos of the GP4 RX Callipers on the bike next :apple: Green with envy!

Ryan any reason you didn't just put M4's on when you purchased the bike two years ago?
Or looked at the M50 callipers (but I believe they utilise a different MC size for the change in calliper pistons)

Also have you changed your wheel discs due to wear now you are using more aggressive pads then OE?

To be honest I didn't feel the need to alter any aspect of the OEM braking system, apart from change the brake fluid and pads, as it's already extremely good. My only issue has been the cost of replacement brake pads for track only use. I spend more and more time on track each season and I have simply reached a point where the cost of braking consumables is an issue which has warranted a change. I could have just switched using to a cheaper race brake pad but having tried SBS, HP, and other brands, I prefer the Brembo Z04s.

I opted for the GP4-RX over the M4 and M50 versions as I wanted a race caliper first and foremost rather than a set which were predominantly designed for road use. The GP4-RX race calipers are a lot more expensive but given the amount of time my bike spends on track it is a worthwhile investment. That and brake pads are so much cheaper than those for the OEM Brembo calipers.

With regards to brake disc wear, I've not noticed any discernible difference and I've been using race brake pads for the last couple of seasons.

Wow.. take it they are worth it.. you would Know Ryan take it thats a pair ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Brembo GP4-RX Calipers

For Brembo GP4-RX calipers they are actually quite reasonably priced and that's for the pair. Brembo's race calipers, that you see fitted to most of the BSB grid, start at anywhere between ?3,000-4,000 per set.

Re: Brembo GP4-RX Calipers

For Brembo GP4-RX calipers they are actually quite reasonably priced and that's for the pair. Brembo's race calipers, that you see fitted to most of the BSB grid, start at anywhere between ?3,000-4,000 per set.

Staggering money mate...

Trackday

Circuit: Snetterton 300
Air Temp: 20?C
Track Temp: 33?C
Weather / Track: Bright / Dry
Laps: 47
Best Lap: 2:04.48

Looking good Ry,
I came across a website which had a quick release kit for the rear wheel, I think I remember reading that you had one specially made when you had it fitted several months ago?

Brembo GP4-RX Calipers

Lind Motorrad have very kindly fitted my new Brembo GP4-RX calipers for me this week as I didn't have the time to fit them myself. By all accounts they were simple to fit and are fully compatible with the OEM brake lines and my HP bleed valves.

Back