Bmw s1000rr 2016

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected].

Reaction score
Hi have just purchased this model, I am so impressed with it , looking forward to hearing what others experiences are !! cheers Neil

Congratulations Neil. Tell us a bit more about you and your new machine...where you from then ?

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Welcome along. Is it a long wait till Spring now or will you be out there in all weathers?

Congratulations Neil. Tell us a bit more about you and your new machine...where you from then ?

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Hi guys, thanks for the welcome. I'm from New Zealand and also have an HP4, I find the steering very dull compared to the rr , is there anyway to sharpen it up ?? thanks

Hi mate... where in NZ you from...ive been over and travelled both islands..

How do you mean dull ?

Sent from Galaxy S7

Sorry which is dull the HP4 or 2016 RR?

Suspension Geo.
Tyre Choice.
Wheel Weight.

These are the biggest contributors to steering input changes.

Hi Guys, I live in Wellington New Zealand and my race track is the Rimutaka Hill !! Its the steering on the HP4 feels dull and I have been advised to drop the bike down on the forks by 5mm to sharpen it up to match the 1000RR ...... any one had experience with this ?? kind regards Neil

Nice part of the Globe Neil.. we got the boat to Picton from Wellington. Sorry I can't help you with steering as Ive never owned an RR...I cant say im unhappy with my front end...tyre pressure plays a big part for me..I can tell if the pressure is a few lbs out... what do you run yours and what tyres are on.

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Does the HP4 have the eccentric bolt in the rear shock? Or was it shims? Either way you could drop down the forks or pick the back up with more shims.

- Sent from Mobile

Looked at raising my '15 by flipping the eccentric (Just to compare really) but was already in highest position. My '10 was transformed doing this. Talking to HM racing who look after mine, they reckon that geometry is just about right at the rear. Prob drop the front a ring to see if it turns a little better once I've got used to the bridgestones.

Back