Bmw frame covers for tyc colours

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helrazzer

Reaction score
I went to excell and seen tyco colours on show bike
it had frame covers to enhance colour scheme
i rang bmw to find out about frame covers ,they told me they have no listings for them?
This seemed odd to me,so i emailed bmw customer services
this is what i recieved
is it just me or does anyone else find this ridiculous!!

Our records show that you?ve already been speaking with my colleague Sam about your query. I can see that you?ve now contacted a BMW Centre. As they?ve told you that there?s no listings for the frame covers, we?d concur with this information. They?re our customer facing representatives in regards to parts and accessories for our vehicles.

If there?s anything else I can help you with, please get back in touch.

LOL...

PMSL !! At least they are communicating with eachother....

Ask them when they are going to start .... if you purchased the Tyco and had a spill and required a new part, you will be Royally up the creek without a paddle ??

2016-02-14%2014.12.09_zpsphsjyijy.jpg

I see, they are kind of half length ones. I would guess if BMW are denying all knowledge then they are a non-BMW piece that's been added to complete the look.

Last edited:
When i was looking at buying one the ones that were supposed to be fitted to the bike in the showroom were away being painted, they do not come from BMW painted like that and I am led to believe they were just painted under contract?

Also the ones that were fitted to the bike I looked at were also full not half too, i'll dig a picture up of it later :)

The tyco ones I saw the other week in the dealer were definately the short version same as the picture. Haven't seen them before. They might just be painted fairing plastic rather than carbon.

I was told by dealer that the bikes were especially painted in ireland
and there was only 25

Thats what i wanted
i didnt want carbon as they are expensive,seemed over kill as there going to be painted

They are carbon fibre ones that are cut down to line up with the bottom of the fairings, then repainted. They are really easy to replicate. You could buy the cheapest carbon ones available to reduce the cost instead of the top quality ones.

Frame Protectors

You are extremely unlikely to find frame protectors made of anything other than carbon fibre.

I have 2015 tyco rep . frame covers are carbon then painted . contact david at mottorad Edinburgh and he will tell you who painted them

Latest posts

Back