BMW addict, bike & car!! Newby

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davo

Reaction score
The forum welcome said 'make it a good one' so here we go.......
Hi guys, as an aircraft engineer originally and now working at Honda cars (don't shoot me just yet!), I understand high end engineering and also top quality, hence why I've mostly driven BMW cars (some might not approve). I've owned all makes and size of sports bikes and mostly R1's, arguably one of the best sports bikes ever, I've owned 14 of them on road and track and they are an awesome machine, but it took an incredibly awesome, even better piece of kit, the S1000RR to prize me away from R1's, and it's been a pure revelation and the ride of my life!! I've just come back from 3 days riding on Portimao's roller coaster of a track and everything about the S1000RR made sense, as we all know, it was BORN for the track!
I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you like minded loons, trading a few stories, learning a few tricks, exchanging some opinions and maybe even catch up at the track over a bacon but tie and a brew! The last Tyco BMW trackday at Donington in September with Focused Events (BMW SPORTSbikes only) was amazing, possibly my most enjoyable single track day in 10 years! You all should try, that's what our wonderful machines were designed for! Catch ya soon :) Dave

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. I served my time as an Avionics Tech in the RAF and worked on Nimrods for my sins.
Many engineering types on here, great intro.
From a fellow addict.

JimmyMac

Hi Jimmy,thanks for the welcome, lovely bike :adoration: never seen those colours before, sweet! I was only ever civilian (Hawker Siddeley apprentice, of Buccaneer fame, and yes, I am THAT old!!)although my dad was in the RAF so got dragged around various camps, Waddington with Vulcans and when the last flying Lancaster was based there, used to hear it flying over all the time, awesome sound, nearly as sexy as an RR with a full Akra on song! I've never really used forums before, I'm sure they're great for chats and info and contacts etc but they're not the easiest to find your way around, update profile, add pics etc but we'll persevere and give it a go. Catch you again sometime

Hi Bananaman, tried looking in your profile to address you by your correct name but nowt there? So Mr Bananaman it is!
Thanks for the welcome, coincidentally your avatar is the same as I've done my RR scheme, or rather mine is the same as theirs! Being a Tyco BMW day and being a current BSB team, I was really surprised that mine was the only 'copy' there! I expected there to be at least 4 or 5 others. I did mine in my garage with Halfords tins and a bit of vinyl wrap, turned out ok from a distance but close up is another matter. Hey ho, it's a track bike (well actually it's a full road bike and can be used on the road but it's not really the place to 'unleash the beast'. You seem to be a prominent figure on here so I'm sure we'll interact again before long. :D

Back