Bike software/firmware update

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If u can get her to a dyno ,if it ain?t right the dyno will pick it up and u then have proof to throw in their faces

Jay
Yes I had a dyno run done on the bike last year which showed low hp. So I returned the bike and they found leaking valve stem seals. Was under repair for 2 1/2 months.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Properly w@nk situation you've had going on there.
BMW UK should exchange the bike with a like for like.

I'd want it replaced too.
Hang in there and stand your ground, mine was replaced only after I refused all their offers and rejected the fact I should be penalised for their mistake. Not a good situation but I would think you have good grounds for rejecting it.

Cheers lads, am just a little worried that it's now 15 months old. But I don't think they should consider that too much time.

If you still have issues that you can prove with the bike speak to Michael at Jeffries and go through the above post you listed the issues. I am sure he would agree that your experience of the bike is far from what would be deemed reasonable, and therefore you have a case for rejecting the vehicle if the problems have not been corrected. They would then open a case with BMW UK. I have always found AJ very good at getting issues resolved with the mothership if there is a legitimate gripe with the goods.

As soofsayer says, you need to open a case with BMW customer services asap. I work for a BMW car dealer and have seen customers get supported in these situations. They will lean heavily on the dealer to rectify the issues. Give them a call, I assume the number is the same for Motorrad - 03705050160.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Bmw uk did nothing when dealer wrote mine off, they didn't wanna know. I was dealing with the head of bmw motorrad.

just said it's a down to the dealer.

Hopefully you you will have better luck Jason as it's a bike fault not dealer

I've been offered a new 2017 s1000rr in motorsport colours and has cruise control which mine doesn't have, but has the performance pack. I have asked for the full Akrapovich evo system and forged wheels. If I get them too obviously willing to pay a little, I will go for it.

I've been offered a new 2017 s1000rr in motorsport colours and has cruise control which mine doesn't have, but has the performance pack. I have asked for the full Akrapovich evo system and forged wheels. If I get them too obviously willing to pay a little, I will go for it.

Is that from bmw uk?

Akra isn?t a bmw item so unlikely. But the rims they could swap off of another bike...(along with the associated gubbins)

- Sent from Mobile

Back