Bike Security - Ex Bike Thief Shares Tips!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavey

Reaction score
Hey folks....i meant to post this a while ago. An interesting insight in to the mind of a bike thief! ....some obvious stuff here which i'm sure most of you guys already have covered, but definitely some food for thought ;)

We're prime targets owning flash sports bikes and need to stay switched on. My bike is pretty secure when it's parked up at home but i keep reading more and more about bike jacking and the lengths that some people are prepared to go to take our bikes from us while we're riding (e.g. stabbings, acid attacks, etc). I'm much more aware nowadays about who is around me while i'm riding, who might be following me, who's filtering next to me at traffic lights etc (e.g. 2 up on a moped).

I don't wanna spook anyone but it's now a reality in most cities around the UK (especially London) and we need to be aware and ready to deal with this type of situation, whether that be a sharp exit (shouldn't be too much of an issue on our bikes!:chuncky:) or confronting the jackers head on.
I've been attacked a few times in the street (no bike involved) and the attacker tends to always have the upper hand because they know whats about to happen. The more alert we are to our surroundings the better we can deal with a situation.....so please stay alert folks and stay safe ;)

Anyway, hope this is of interest and would be interested to hear your thoughts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/t5shp/ex_thief_chopshop_operator_ama/

Thanks for that, very interesting read, since I've had high end bike stolen last year

Yep ,a good read

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back