Bike (Gen4) Won't Start - turns , pump working....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exint2

Reaction score
Hi

Parked Bike last Sunday all fine - came to try to star tit today and no joy - fuel Pump is whining, Engine is turning at good speed but she won't fire

Tried all the combinations of side stand / in gear / out of gear / clutch etc

I'm assuming this is an immobiliser failure (?) - but any advice / or experience of similar welcome - also any work arounds?

Any joy mate? Had this on my 22 plate last week. Out on the Sunday no probs then was going to have a run out on Monday night but when I took it out the garage it just kept turning over and wouldn't start... Was gutted only done 300mls. Put it away for the night and back on the optimate. Tried 1st thing in the morning as was ony mind and it fired up [emoji2962]

Noticed the dash flickering when trying, had that on an 18 plate blade and it was the battery. This has always been kept on the optimate and it had a good run the day before.

Been out twice since then stopping frequently and it hasn't missed a beat.

Took a video of it when it happened, will show the tech at the garage when it goes in for it's 1st service. Was frigging gutted at the time [emoji3525]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Any joy mate? Had this on my 22 plate last week. Out on the Sunday no probs then was going to have a run out on Monday night but when I took it out the garage it just kept turning over and wouldn't start... Was gutted only done 300mls. Put it away for the night and back on the optimate. Tried 1st thing in the morning as was ony mind and it fired up [emoji2962]

Noticed the dash flickering when trying, had that on an 18 plate blade and it was the battery. This has always been kept on the optimate and it had a good run the day before.

Been out twice since then stopping frequently and it hasn't missed a beat.

Took a video of it when it happened, will show the tech at the garage when it goes in for it's 1st service. Was frigging gutted at the time [emoji3525]

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Well this is spooky as mine is a 72 plate with exactly 300 miles on it - and it did the same thing - i came back to it 4 hours later and it churned a bit but then fired ( I hadn't had the battery on charge) - it's since fired no issue Monday and yesterday I went for a ride to do the same stop start thing as you

Had dash flicker on Sunday only noticed it after I'd tried it a few times ( might have been doing it from the start) - There was a strong smell of fuel whilst it wasn't working so I wonder if somehow it got flooded?

Before it restarted I thought it might be the immobiliser as that kills spark?

Weird that... Sounds exactly the same as what I had. Mine was honking of petrol as well when it wouldn't go and was a little grumbly when it kicked in the next morning.

Only other thing I could think of was I was a bit too keen starting it and hadn't let it go through the correct boot up sequence before pressing the start button.

Mine is a black 72... 22 was a typo [emoji51]

Will see how it goes hopefully just a blip [emoji846]

Added the optimate ring terminals to the Battery points so know connections there are sound.

Latest posts

Back