2015 S1000RR Won't Turn Over

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dommoly

Reaction score
Good afternoon chaps - a question for the brain trust: I had a lowside at Bedford on Wednesday. Bike not too bad - will require a clip-on, indicator, mirror though the Akra and GB Racing slider took the brunt of it but the bike won't turn over. Ignition is fine, all buttons on the switchgear appear to work, no errors on the clocks but I get zero when hitting the starter. Don't hear the fuel pump prime either. Do these things have a "drop sensor" of some sort? Somebody told me there was somthing behind the tank but all I can see is my Slick Mode dongle? I've disconnected the battery and will try again tomorrow but wondered if I was missing something obvious?

Drop sensor issue would error with !VDS on the dash.

Just checking the easy - it's not in gear with the stand down is it? As that won't start.

It's in neutral and it was dropped on the right had side so no damage to the side stand switch...

Were you riding a black and red bike? If so I seen you go down and the photographer has some epic photos.

Hopefully your doing well, that's a fast corner to go down on if your the person I think you are.

Were you riding a black and red bike? If so I seen you go down and the photographer has some epic photos.

Hopefully your doing well, that's a fast corner to go down on if your the person I think you are.

Guilty! I'm fine thanks - hand/wrist got a smack but swelling has gone down so right hand wiping has now resumed. Yeah, the pics are pretty sweet. I've just ordered a CD - what's ?30 on top of the final bill... :greedy_dollars:

Haha worth the 30 quid, I was in the advance as well but came in after I nearly did what you did.

If your local to Bedford and need a hand with anything send me a pm, iv rebuilt mine already and got all the tools.

Haha worth the 30 quid, I was in the advance as well but came in after I nearly did what you did.

If your local to Bedford and need a hand with anything send me a pm, iv rebuilt mine already and got all the tools.

Cheers, much appreciated!

VDS is the Black device that looks like the slick plug and is on the other side of the tank to the slick plug.

I think....

So I still have have the same problem - fuel pump doesn't prime and nothing happens from the kill switch. Found a blown fuse but that was headlight related. Sidestand switch looks fine (opposite side to damage) and clutch switch also looks undamaged although as the bike in neutral they shouldn't matter anyway? I've had the tank off to check fuel pump connections and everything seems fine (no fault light even when disconnected btw). For me there isn't much left beyond a faulty kill switch or faulty fuel pump? From what I can gather the drop sensor is embedded in the ECU on 2015+ models as there is nothing next to the tank that I can see (and certainly nothing damaged).

My brother is posting me the starter switch from his S1000XR which is the same part so that will rule out the switch and if I need to I can get my spare tank incl. fuel pump hooked up to rule that out.

Am I missing anything else?

Mystery over - tried the borrowed kill switch and heard the pump prime when I turned the key. Started on the button 💪

Drop me a line if you want your switch repairing, I think new ones are about ?130!

I managed to pick up one from ebay for ?80 as the switchgear is common to a few different models. Repair hadn't really occurred to me - the pcb ribbon had snapped.

y4m1_uBwgjaPJzb8zQxcbLJ-nqz1LTin9ycYsk1F_6BQsJKxDuOchpi63TQg8El3YhDtSVj75JPsoHfBYX_JjhiiJvENx54FwnxDukkM4o2BZ8xFBGzAXF0-BQqcbP1Y7BQthEdt7nisXQBCVm8h2edjB8nPxHmUtIEmsF3imp7jZo-yogohrVQKuiZnVO0Ids4sz71kLJrUcK3dQsNtUOaOA

Riz9wHSarNoohnmF3

Riz9wHSarNoohnmF3

Could that be repaired?

Latest posts

Back