Best track mod for my S1000 ever

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marzy

Reaction score
This has to be the best modification anyone can make to their S1000 for the track. As Steve Plater once said to me "The seat ain't there for sitting on". Stronger legs means more weight carried lower in the bike with easier hanging off. 10kgs also lost since Jan means a whole load of blubber lost, bit like having the frame, seat, wheels and tank made from Carbon fibre. Looking forward to more pace on the Spanish tracks :unconscious:

Totally agree with you on that. I've been doing circuit training for years now, Metafit, Tabata, HIIT and all that good stuff, I find the staying power on the bike has been dramatically improved. Less back and shoulder aching with being able to hold myself better on the bike with my legs and core.

+1

Here's mine:

16824964119_211d47dcb3_b.jpg

I also go to the gym 3-4 times a week and make a decent effort at getting my leg days in. Last time I was at the track, I never got cramps/soreness/etc.

Hahahaha, Just to let you know I did have a 1986 GT Pro Performer BMX in guess what PINK and it was a special one off paint job, I still have the handlebars off it in my garage, I gave the bike back to the original owners son as a gift about 4 years back. They go for over a grand now in good condition.

Still got my original Skyway TA from 1985, but sadly its red white and blue similar to Motorrad colours. Also a SE Quadangle in red and black, cannot bear to part with them.

Youse will be converted one day.

JimmyMac

Great bikes , I still ride with my son a se racing floval flyer bmx also a pace rc 200 Mtb

Hahahaha, Just to let you know I did have a 1986 GT Pro Performer BMX in guess what PINK and it was a special one off paint job, I still have the handlebars off it in my garage, I gave the bike back to the original owners son as a gift about 4 years back. They go for over a grand now in good condition.Still got my original Skyway TA from 1985, but sadly its red white and blue similar to Motorrad colours. Also a SE Quadangle in red and black, cannot bear to part with them.Youse will be converted one day.JimmyMac
Jimmy mac thats terrible giving the bike back to the owners son......with no handlebars ;) here's how the conversation would of gone...... Jimmy Mac - "here is a gift for you wee Rab" (Im presuming his name is Rab) Its 1986 GT BMX Wee Rab - "Thanks uncle Jimmy" Jimmy Mac -"Ayye but ur no getting the handlebars" Wee Rab - " get tae F*ck uncle Jimmy"

Last edited:
Jimmy mac thats terrible giving the bike back to the owners son......with no handlebars ;) here's how the conversation would of gone...... Jimmy Mac - "here is a gift for you wee Rab" (Im presuming his name is Rab) Its 1986 GT BMX Wee Rab - "Thanks uncle Jimmy" Jimmy Mac -"Ayye but ur no getting the handlebars" Wee Rab - " get tae F*ck uncle Jimmy"

Hahaha, that would have been funny.
The pink bars were removed as one side was bent in a quarterpipe accident, they were replaced by new Haro ones. When me and my pal were leaving school to go out into the world I bought his GT. We never crossed paths until 4 years ago despite living within 5 miles of each other, when he told me he had a 13 year old son I told him to come to my house that night at 6 o'clock with his son but never told him why.
The look on his face when he saw the GT was priceless!! Nearly had a grown man cry, he couldn't believe I had kept it along with my other bikes. His son was so chuffed to get it, I told him it never really felt like my bike I was just looking after it for his Dad. Funny how you can get attached to things from your youth. I would sooner part with my HP4 than sell my Skyway TA.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back