Best ever bike you've owned

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like an example of 'rider and machine as one'
I picked the GSXR1000 K5, having read your message I've remembered I once rode a 6/9 with Maxton tuned suspension, unbelievable, power wheelies out of every corner and roundabout! 😬

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Great examples there Mick, did you ever ride the original Z1S? Fudging scary, frame was made of rubber! (1980)

I remember watching a guy practicing on the Maico 490, absolute MONSTER!

I was about 16-17 when i owned it, its was fecking scary and a handful, if it back fired when trying to kick it over that was the end of the day for you as leg was in bits, far safer bumpstarting it lol.

Ha ha, I've heard those kick back stories before. I was trail riding on an XL 185, great machine. Admitidly not a 490! Later I owned an XR250, if I'm honest the XL was much better.

Ive only ever owned three bikes before, including the S1000RR.

The 2015 S1000RR is by far the best machine I've ever owned. Apart from that my 2003 K3 GSXR1000 was a beast! I was 21 years old, done my direct access and went out and bought that. Ive always had fast cars but that thing was like shit of a shovel! Eventually it got stolen during a trip to London :(

KTM RC8R which I blew up at Brands. Oops.
Comfy like an arnchair, sounded great (always got compliments on trackdays for the noise it made), flickable like a 600. Happy days. Sniff.
On public roads, it was just as fast as my S1KRR, coz it was just so torquey.
BUT.
I got regularly duffed up in the fast group by beemers, coz we all know what happens on an S1KRR after 8000rpm, eh?
If you can't beat 'em...

Latest posts

Back