Beast mode active on 17 plate

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Had the first service done last weekend unleashing beast mode (restrictor off). Have to say the bike is impeccably behaved and a lot easier to ride now the restrictor doesn't cut in at around 9k. Got her up to 1050 miles already thanks to a 170 mile round trip on Tuesday, mixing motorway and unknown twisties. The damper has to be turned down a few clicks to make her flick better and I've gone with the 15 suspension settings I had done at MCT. I'm not a wheelie person (as in I can't) but the front gets flighty in the first 3 gears when pushing on a bit, and is light in 4th as well. Seems to want to lift especially when leant over and accelerating hard. She's still buzzy but seems to be improving all the time. Really need to get the baffles out as the popping is still there albeit muted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really need to get the baffles out as the popping is still there albeit muted.
My 17 end can is currently on a shelve in the garage! Bike sounds bloody great without it and interestingly not quite as loud as my 2015 with the M4 slip on.....due to that huge cat no doubt. The bike is still actually pretty quiet at low revs (up to 7k) while the valve is closed but then gets pretty angry when you open her up and big pops on the over-run!:congratulatory: I've got Pro-Race designing a pair of race tips for me this week so will let you know what they're like when they arrive :friendly_wink: They're not strictly road legal but won't be crazy loud :)

Booked my 1st service for the 4th of April. Ships to Jerez on the 8th.

If it's all tooled up read for the track will they mind?

Track Trim

Booked my 1st service for the 4th of April. Ships to Jerez on the 8th.

If it's all tooled up read for the track will they mind?

It should be no problem at all. My track only BMW regularly goes to Lind Motorrad for servicing and it's never been an issue.

Run in, map, slick key......
Go like hell ..
What's the worst that could happen????

I swapped my (slippy!) pegs for Gilles....?60 for the pair same as HP rearsets.....work a treat ;)
http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/
Gilles%20pegs_zpsmydjfj1v.jpg

Need to develop pegs!

Now up to 2500 miles on the 17. Loving it more every ride. Been more "progressive" riding this one, getting the front going light all the time accelerating so no doubt rear tyre wear will be worse than the 5700 I got from the Racetecs on the 15! Just need to sort the comfort seat repair and get the feckin baffles out.

Now up to 2500 miles on the 17. Loving it more every ride. Been more "progressive" riding this one, getting the front going light all the time accelerating so no doubt rear tyre wear will be worse than the 5700 I got from the Racetecs on the 15! Just need to sort the comfort seat repair and get the feckin baffles out.
Great stuff Gixxer! :) ...i'm at 1500 miles on mine and loving it....approx 750 miles on one wheel! haha ....do you find the wheelie control smoother than the '15? ...i found it a bit unpredictable on the '15 but somehow feels more stable and predictable with the '17?? You still struggling with those baffles?! I popped over to Pro Race and got them to fit a twin race tip...sounds awesome and wasn't expensive ;)
IMG_3808_zpsksennlqb.jpg

Latest posts

Back