ASV Levers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooker

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm pleased to report that my S1000RR turned up early! One of my dealers initial allocation matched (almost) my specification and they offered it to me, so I took delivery on St Valentine's day.

I'm less pleased to report that the weather here in 'Norn Irn' has been shocking over the last two weeks, resulting in a lot of looking at in the garage and very little riding.

Anyway, to get to the point, I have an ASV brake lever left over from my GSX-R 1000. Given that both bikes use a Nissin radial master cylinder, I thought I would give it a go. And it fits! I still need to do a wee bit of fiddling with it (the ASV lever has a paddle for the brake light switch which is redundant on the BM) and I would also like to test it on the road.

It came with the GSX-R, but I reckon that the part number is BRC511.

Sportsbike shop don't list a brake lever for the BM, but they do list a clutch lever, part number CRC540 (which, curiously enough will also fit a GSX-R 1000 (cable clutch). I'm thinking of ordering one on a sale or return basis.

I'll keep you posted.

That's interesting, I've a clutch and brake lever from my 2009 Fireblade and seen on internet that the CRC 540-K will fit a 2015 BMW clutch lever but there's nothing available for the brake lever; I now have a BRC 511-K brake lever as surplus. I contacted ASV direct and here is their response;

Unfortunately we do not have any levers for the BMWs just yet. Please check back in 6 months or so.

Thanks,
Sylvia

Sylvia Solis
Office Manager
ASV Inventions, Inc.
17811 Georgetown Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
877-278-7000 ext. 121
714-861-1408 fax

That's interesting, I've a clutch and brake lever from my 2009 Fireblade and seen on internet that the CRC 540-K will fit a 2015 BMW clutch lever but there's nothing available for the brake lever; I now have a BRC 511-K brake lever as surplus. I contacted ASV direct and here is their response;

Unfortunately we do not have any levers for the BMWs just yet. Please check back in 6 months or so.

Thanks,
Sylvia

Sylvia Solis
Office Manager
ASV Inventions, Inc.
17811 Georgetown Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92647
877-278-7000 ext. 121
714-861-1408 fax

they have been saying this since 2009

So as an alternative to ASV who else is there to consider that have decent quality, and not the Chinese fleabay stuff?

Back