Ash

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash1000

Reaction score
Hi fellow bikers, new to this forum and all forum tbh, had a s1000rr for a few months and recently had an 'off' but good news is not being put of haha, can't wait to get sorted and out again. Repairs are mainly plastics so not to bad, looking forward to being part of this community so hello one an all

Hi Ash, welcome aboard my friend. That's not so good...tell us a bit about the off, kind of damage are you looking at ?

stuart

Hi Stuart, the damage,,,, front failings, round headlight, both mirrors, complete rear plastics, and More. I have been to bmw Belfast today and bought some new fairing, not as expensive as some on eBay believe it or not! Also damaged clock/display???????and rear wheel also ??????? and to top it off I learnt today from the gut at bmw I activated the tilt sensor which will cost
?400 to replace! So not a good thing to not make a right hander, hit a bank and then highside! Thank you for the welcome

Ouch mate..some of the lads on here will have spares no doubt, you can post up in the wanted section but most of the lads will catch this thread anyhow...take it you were ok..so bike body parts are fixable sometimes punters aren't.

Clocks and rear wheel will be costly..jeez.. so just a misjudgment then ? we've ALL done that in some shape or form..it's called motorcycling.. :)

S

Haha yeah s misjudgement alright. To fast not enough road! Yeah any help greatly appreciated. I'm hoping clocks can be repaired, LCD display is cracked and lugs on back of unit broke, ?755.+vat to replace rear wheel simular price! Like I say any advice I'm happy to take 😊

Stick a list in the wanted section mate and scour EBay.. Mirrors should be easy enough to come by. What Year gen is it ?

Stuart

Last edited:
Thanks but I got my fairing sorted today I'll keep looking for the rest on here and eBay. Things like lights rear and front I'll do what yku said

I never asked colour either but if you need paint done you will be hard pushed to find a better outlet than Bikepaints... not cheap but you get what you pay for.

http://www.bikepaints.co.uk/ Their work is superb, a lot of lads on here used them including me... email Deirdre on [email protected]

Hope this helps mate...ahh sorry mate misread the sorted bit...

Last edited:
Hi Ash, welcome to the site. Bummer having an off but any crash you can walk away from is really just fast parking, lol.
Glad you are ok, is Belfast your hometown?

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum Ash!

Sorry to hear of your off, it sucks there are some costly repairs needed, but as Stuart and Jimmy have said as long as you didn't get hurt that's the main thing.

I hope your steed will be galloping around the countryside again in the not too distant future.

Enjoy the forum!

Oli

Hi Jimmymac. No Newry is my home town but I'm from Devon originally thank you for the welcome

Hi Oli! Yeah I'm ok I got off lightly I really did so I should be happy thank you for your welcome

Hi ash,

Hopefully you have speedy bike/self recovery, question though why does the tilt sensor need replacing I watched my 2011 bike slide down the road last November.

Don't remember having to do anything special other than turn the key off and on to get it going again.

Hi there. Yeah tilt sensor? I knew nothing about it till yesterday, I mention to parts man @BMW that there was notjing other than ignition com I g on and he said once bike has been dropped it activate the sensor ? 400 for a replacement from themselves

Hi there. Yeah tilt sensor? I knew nothing about it till yesterday, I mention to parts man @BMW that there was notjing other than ignition com I g on and he said once bike has been dropped it activate the sensor ? 400 for a replacement from themselves

Tink you need to investigate further, my 2010 tilt sensor kicked in twice and as stated just a switch off and away you go

Just went down to bike. As other ignition on and off, made no difference, there seems to be more noise when ignition goes on but still morni g in button

Latest posts

Back