As I type

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's terrible man.

Your a very lucky fellow today, not to have come a cropper.

You'll need to keep us posted on how they deal with it. Every mechanic makes mistakes occasionally, so long as the garage admit there fault, and rectify the situation, then all good.

If they try and worm out of it, I would create merry hell!!!!!

I saw something similar, sump plug not correctly torqued after a service, I know yours is not that. I was following the guy when the oil fell out the bike. Bmw dealer etc.... he got some compo in terms of servicing costs dropped etc and offered a favourable deal on a trade in. The guy was a tool tbh so I left him to it.

If it was me I would be minimum wanting service refunded in full, new tyres, professionally cleaned leathers and boots, and have the bike professionally detailed. The last thing you need now is for the dealer to throw a load of tfr solution on to the bike to get the oil off and ruin the paint.

As the others have said, two things come to mind, first and foremost I?m extremely glad to hear you and your bike made it home in one peace. Secondly, this is a serious error from your dealer and I hope they offer a more than satisfactory compensation.

Again, I?m really glad you?re alright Stuart

Last edited:
That's terrible man.

Your a very lucky fellow today, not to have come a cropper.

You'll need to keep us posted on how they deal with it. Every mechanic makes mistakes occasionally, so long as the garage admit there fault, and rectify the situation, then all good.

If they try and worm out of it, I would create merry hell!!!!!
HELL will be unleashed.. !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

i KNOW OF SEVEREAL DEALERS YOU WOULDNT LET THEM BLOW THE TYRES UP, CAR GARAGES SELLING BIKES THATS THE TROUBLE
No mate they are bikes only...tbh it"s probably that time of year where everyones under pressure but no test ride to normal operating temperature is not good... just can't see they have done that..

Just in the door Stuart, what a bunch of jokers, I wouldn't let them wriggle out of this. If you were any less of a riding Godesss than you are I would have no one left to take the piss out of.

Just glad you got home, they snapped your indicator off too remember..........

JimmyMac

Whoaaaa! Thank God you stayed upright Stu.
That could have been really nasty, definitely had lots of luck there.
Try to put it to the back of your mind and have a great night out, you will be in a better frame of mind to consider your options tomorrow.

Oil

I?m glad you stayed upright especially as oil and tyres don?t generally mix well.

I had a similar experience (but mine was a sump plug issue) .. Bought an R1, brand new, in May 1999 (got my 1st and only speeding fine 8 days later). Took the bike in for its 1st service (CMC when they were at Calow) and took the beast for its first unleashing. Noticed that once I'd got out of the 30's and 40's onto the A61 that when I ripped the throttle open, the back tyre lit up - was in full on cheesy grin mode, thinking I'd got a monster bike. Up to Owler bar and just about to open the taps to go down Baslow hill. Got stopped by a biker on my approach - apparently I'd been dropping oil for miles. Same situation - back tyre ruined, oil all over the place.

Completely shit me up.. Angry phone call, van, loaner bike and after a week, got my bike back. Never bought a bike from them since (but I do buy clothes n'stuff 'cos they're about the closest proper bike shop to me).

Says a lot for quality control (or lack of). Mechanics are only human at the end of the day, but it's lives they're messing with. Someone senior needs a kicking.

I was gonna say, glad you kept the shiny side up - but in this case, it could have been either! :D

Wow , glad you're ok mate , plus that's a fair old journey from Dalkeith to Dumbarton. Give the dealer merry hell about this and see what they comeback with.

Do they video their work stu? Last couple of times i had work done at bmw they sent me a vid of what was done.
Glad youre ok

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Glad you are ok. I would want new like for like replacement on the clothing, as for the bike..... I guess see what they say first before rolling up your sleeves !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did..ended up smashed and brought one of my customers back to mine...good at the time tho ! ... Ive a pic of her sitting on my bike last night with her tits out lol
Whoaaaa! Thank God you stayed upright Stu.
That could have been really nasty, definitely had lots of luck there.
Try to put it to the back of your mind and have a great night out, you will be in a better frame of mind to consider your options tomorrow.

Do they video their work stu? Last couple of times i had work done at bmw they sent me a vid of what was done.
Glad youre ok

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not as far as I know... thats a good idea actually...

I did..ended up smashed and brought one of my customers back to mine...good at the time tho ! ... Ive a pic of her sitting on my bike last night with her tits out lol

You forgot to insert the pic Stu!!

It's easy to get emotional about the whole thing lads. I'm fairly relaxed as I never came to any harm. Mind you it could easily have been a call from my old dear saying " YOUS HAVE KILLED MY BOY" lolol. We"ll see what they say on Tuesday. But I tell you what I want my bike back ASAP... i"m fucked if it's going to there any longer than necessary...

You forgot to insert the pic Stu!!
Lol. Next one there fully out. But you can see her face so it's no fair to publish that. Huge tits btw !
65d51ed1ec170206b7aec1459c074196.jpg

Yep probably best not too publish all! Hope you wiped off that oil before getting her to sit on it or you'll be getting a dry cleaning bill... suppose you could add that to the dealers compensation payment :friendly_wink:

Yep probably best not too publish all! Hope you wiped off that oil before getting her to sit on it or you'll be getting a dry cleaning bill... suppose you could add that to the dealers compensation payment :friendly_wink:
Lol... was a good laugh. I kept my house keys in the garage last night...soon as she saw the bike shes like right on it... nearly dropped it n all just caught it in the nick of time..that would have capped the day off if that had happened

Latest posts

Back