Arrow Can

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavis

Reaction score
I'm gonna get an Arrow Works Titanium Carby for my 15. I can get one on eBay direct from Italy for ?340 delivered. Is this a good deal or are there better deals out there ? Thanks.

Arrow Exhausts

B&C Express are Arrow's UK distributor and are always competitively priced so use them as a comparison. It is worth calling them directly as they usually offer a discount on most parts; especially if you hold an ACU Race Licence. Failing that buying directly from Italy via eBay may be the cheapest option as the ? is particularly strong at the moment.

Just had a wee look at this on YouTube, looks fantastic and sounds very much like my decatted Akra. Good choice Dunc, as Rys says the Euro is under a lot of pressure at the moment so buying from the EU is a good bet.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
I'm gonna get an Arrow Works Titanium Carby for my 15. I can get one on eBay direct from Italy for ?340 delivered. Is this a good deal or are there better deals out there ? Thanks.

That's what I did. ?340 delivered is a very good price for what is a quality bit of kit. It looks well and sounds good too. My only criticism is that the supplied mounting hardware is a bit naff. Simple solution is to use the original BM stuff, which fits fine. Fitting is a 5 minute job.

Enjoy

That's what I did. ?340 delivered is a very good price for what is a quality bit of kit. It looks well and sounds good too. My only criticism is that the supplied mounting hardware is a bit naff. Simple solution is to use the original BM stuff, which fits fine. Fitting is a 5 minute job.

Enjoy
Thanks , any chance you could put a pic up of it on you're bike please ? Also , any problems with it when bike is running? Thanks

Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust

P1020648_zpsn6yvvzey.jpg

P1020645_zpso1pv3csp.jpg

Thats a real nice sounding exhaust for a slip on and @ ?340 delivered also a bit of a bargain i would suggest

Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust

I previously had the Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust fitted to my 2015 S1000RR. I found it to sound similar to the standard OEM exhaust at idle but the tone is subtly different and much lower pitched. The popping is still there when decelerating on a closed throttle and it produces similar static noise test results. For reference mine was static noise tested at Snetterton and it measured 97.5 dB at 5,500 rpm. However, it was particularly noisy at full throttle and I was black flagged later on in the day to be politely told that it was borderline on the drive-by noise test and asked to throttle off at a certain point on the circuit. For me the popping and banging of both the standard exhaust and the Arrow slip-on does get a little tiresome after a while but that's just my opinion. I much prefer a quieter exhaust as being able to pass trackday noise testing is far more important and the Arrow slip-on cannot be fitted with a baffle. The huge positive is that it weighs significantly less than the standard exhaust and is relatively cheap.

I subsequently changed to an Akrapovič HP slip-on as it is quieter and I'm not overly concerned about aesthetics. That said there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Arrow slip-on. With hindsight, and as much as I like the Arrow exhaust, I would have opted for the Akrapovič. During the off-season I've since sold the Akrapovič slip-on and now have a BMW HP Race Power Kit fitted as my bike spends all off its time on track.

Re: Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust

I previously had the Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust fitted to my 2015 S1000RR. I found it to sound similar to the standard OEM exhaust at idle but the tone is subtly different and much lower pitched. The popping is still there when decelerating on a closed throttle and it produces similar static noise test results. For reference mine was static noise tested at Snetterton and it measured 97.5 dB at 5,500 rpm. However, it was particularly noisy at full throttle and I was black flagged later on in the day to be politely told that it was borderline on the drive-by noise test and asked to throttle off at a certain point on the circuit. For me the popping and banging of both the standard exhaust and the Arrow slip-on does get a little tiresome after a while but that's just my opinion. I much prefer a quieter exhaust as being able to pass trackday noise testing is far more important and the Arrow slip-on cannot be fitted with a baffle. The huge positive is that it weighs significantly less than the standard exhaust and is relatively cheap.

I subsequently changed to an Akrapovič HP slip-on as it is quieter and I'm not overly concerned about aesthetics. That said there was absolutely nothing wrong with the Arrow slip-on. With hindsight, and as much as I like the Arrow exhaust, I would have opted for the Akrapovič. During the off-season I've since sold the Akrapovič slip-on and now have a BMW HP Race Power Kit fitted as my bike spends all off its time on track.

Thanks very much for that, Can't justify ?625 for the Akra much as I'd like too.

Does the Arrow Works take a db killer? I'm at Snetterton in August and would like to avoid being black flagged again like last time with the stock exhaust). My choices seem to be bodge some baffles into the OE exhaust or find an aftermarket exhaust that takes baffles. Suggestions welcome!

Arrow Exhaust

When I originally had mine fitted it didn't come supplied with a baffle, nor was one available, and I subsequently had issues at Snetterton which resulted in a black flag due to breaching the drive-by noise limit. I promptly sold it and fitted an Akrapovič HP slip-on prior to installing a HP Race Power Kit. I've not had a single issue with noise testing since switching to Akrapovič.

Cheers for that. Arrow is definitely not the one then. Can't really afford the Akra either though, so I've taken a punt on a Dominator H1 exhaust for ?199 on eBay. Chosen not because of any assurance of quality or performance, but because the can looks to have a large volume and takes a dB killer, so if worst comes to the worst I can take it apart, put some quality damping material in and fit a bigger dB killer if necessary.

Having said that they rate it at 96dB with the killer in, so fingers crossed. Will report back.

It feels bizarre to be looking at the aftermarket to make a bike quieter!

Last edited:
Arrow Exhaust

You may want to consider some of the other exhausts in Arrow's range as they are very good value for money and come supplied with baffles.

They're all very small though, and small tends to equate with loud, especially when all the cans for the '15 S1K appear to be a straight through design.

Presumably because the exhaust flapper valves operate at homologation revs, consequently all the aftermarket cans can be road legal with a very simple design.

Latest posts

Back