Armour

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon all. I'm going to replace the knee and hip pads that came with my kevlar jeans. They're thick which I suppose is a good thing but quite hard and I suspect they're cheap as chips and possibly crap too.
I'd like to get something thinner and / or more comfortable. Any recommendations?

Knox or forcefield. The forcefield are quite bendy and slim so probably the best option for your requirements.

Might also be worth looking at D30.
That?s the stuff in my Rukka & Rokker jeans.
Seems the biz, hope never to find out.

Might also be worth looking at D30.
That?s the stuff in my Rukka & Rokker jeans.
Seems the biz, hope never to find out.
Someone on here works for D30.
Think its @steadynow

I do wish all the fittings for them in jackets etc were universal. Some are velcro, others in pouches, others with poppers...

- Alex

Someone on here works for D30.
Think its @steadynow

I do wish all the fittings for them in jackets etc were universal. Some are velcro, others in pouches, others with poppers...

- Alex
I agree, more to do with the clothing manufacturer than D30. They are obviously adapting mechanisms to take market share.

The Rokker revolution jeans coupled with armour have some impressive slide times.
Expensive, but quality kit & waterproof.
Use them daily.

Afternoon all. I'm going to replace the knee and hip pads that came with my kevlar jeans. They're thick which I suppose is a good thing but quite hard and I suspect they're cheap as chips and possibly crap too.
I'd like to get something thinner and / or more comfortable. Any recommendations?

I AM THE D3O MOTORCYCLE GUY.:scooter:

Orange is the way

Send me your address and i'll send you some stuff. I might be bias, but its' good stuff and definitely more usable than 99% of other products.

https://www.d3o.com/motorcycle/

For jeans i'd go LP1 limb range

Ta.

R

I AM THE D3O MOTORCYCLE GUY.:scooter:Orange is the way Send me your address and i'll send you some stuff. I might be bias, but its' good stuff and definitely more usable than 99% of other products. https://www.d3o.com/motorcycle/ For jeans i'd go LP1 limb range Ta. R
That's very kind, thanks Steady. Just PM'd my address. Cheers, H

...let me know what you think once you've put some miles on
Yup, I too cannot believe I cut up some old flip-flops for hip protectors (totally forgot and PMSL when I re-discovered them). At least they were unobtrusive compared to the knee-pads which may as well have been made from wood.
:apologetic:
Anyway, all change thanks to Steadynow. Hoping I never get to test them out.
Have now done a good ride in them and they're super comfy. Thanks again mate.

Latest posts

Back