Arai rx 7 v

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol.....guess I did hijack it a bit, sorry bout that!

Arai it is!!!! ��

Just about to pull the trigger on an RX-7V. Also coming from a Arai Chaser (non V). Tried on the Chaser V and the RX-7V in the same size and much preferred the latter.

I'll ignore the fact that this could be a couple of sets of tyres, a Euro Trackday etc. as its about time I had a new lid.

I'll second that..additionally i always remember a bit of advice I read in Superbike mag...circa 1980-81.. "buy the most expensive helmet you can afford"...I guess this is outmoded slightly, it was from an era of when polycarbonate lids were readily available, but still has a degree of truth.

Anyone remember a helmet called Centurion Sprint... Just turned 16 and walked into my house with a brand new Sprint ....my old dears like....AND WHAT EXACTLY IS THAT STUART !... knowing fine well what it was and what was coming next..lol

Just googled

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...&ei=zVkBV_uDIsHjU5--iCg#imgrc=pllqJRXELEH0-M:

I bought a Bob Heath smoked visor for it too... ?22.00 for a lid... ffs

Way back in the 1970's, the late, great Joey Dunlop raced in a bright yellow polycarbonate Italian Boeri helmet (remember them?) In order to strengthen the helmet he put black electrical tape along the mould line! And that is the basis of one the most iconic helmet designs ever.

Have a voucher to use at GetGeared so limited by their stock. Would choose the Pedrosa Rep if they had it but going for this one.

Attachments

• image-3743148557.jpg
    image-3743148557.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 33
Put a black visor on that helmet you're going with and it'll sit nicely with you're bike

Never seen this colour before, really like the hexagonal design through the blue near the crown, need some muc-off to get rid of the big thumb print on the visor though. :smile-new:

JimmyMac

Yeah, agree. I have black bike, boots and leathers. Going for the full Ghost Rider look is possibly a little over the top, thought in would brighten things up a bit :)

Get a dark visor and clear insert... Mr Mysterious... your wife will so want you to wear it...upstairs ! Lol

ForumRunner_20160525_183654.jpg

Latest posts

Back