Arai rx 7 v

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Anyone got one of these... I tried mine today for about an hour.. I came from a Chaser V.

Noticed quite a difference... head aperture is quite tight but loads more room when fully on.

Ventulation seems way better.

Loads more space at my ears

Visor change still tricky...need to have another go.

Seems less wind resistance

Quite pleased so far...

ForumRunner_20160402_183706.jpg

ForumRunner_20160402_183712.jpg

ForumRunner_20160402_183720.jpg

Love my r x 7 s big crash last year lender in my head at high speed would not wear anything else now

I've always found that different brands of helmet suit different head shapes. I'm not an Arai head. Maybe it's IQ related, do they write 'Helmet' on the front to give you a clue lol?

Nice looking lid, if it does the job, top job :).

Changed my helmet last 2 years ago, went to Sportsbike shop and tried on everything, no budget, came away with a Shark Race R Pro Carbon. Brilliant fit but the magnetic strap fixing is crap, its been back to Shark 3 times as it keeps dropping off! Arai RX's don't fit me quite right either although Crossan (Visorshop) custom fitted an RX7 for my mate at the bike show a few years ago (literally cut the foam to get the best fit), might see if I can get one fitted at this years show as they are superbly made, tried and tested.

I've always found that different brands of helmet suit different head shapes. I'm not an Arai head. Maybe it's IQ related, do they write 'Helmet' on the front to give you a clue lol?

Nice looking lid, if it does the job, top job :).

Here you that's fighting talk ! its not my fault I was rubbish at school... I was dropped on my head as a baby, my lid should be called an AWRY

Changed my helmet last 2 years ago, went to Sportsbike shop and tried on everything, no budget, came away with a Shark Race R Pro Carbon. Brilliant fit but the magnetic strap fixing is crap, its been back to Shark 3 times as it keeps dropping off! Arai RX's don't fit me quite right either although Crossan (Visorshop) custom fitted an RX7 for my mate at the bike show a few years ago (literally cut the foam to get the best fit), might see if I can get one fitted at this years show as they are superbly made, tried and tested.

Yea Mac I got mine at the Scottish Bike Show... Crossans fitted it out.. well a white one... then got me the Matt Black one in and done the business on that one... quite happy

I brought last years TT edition and love it. its more comfortable than my Schuberth despite being noisier and draughtier but its the best helmet I've owned

there is a reason its the race helmet of choice. i think they updated the 2015/16 version though just after releasing the 2015 tT version

Ventilation that should read... this damn phone tsk !

Yea I like it so far ant... different from Chaser V..

Last edited:
Anyone had experience with the new X-lite range? Have ordered new RX7, but in the showroom they had the new carbon lids from X-lite.......sooo light and felt good on!

Anyone had experience with the new X-lite range? Have ordered new RX7, but in the showroom they had the new carbon lids from X-lite.......sooo light and felt good on!

I was actually tempted to buy a carbon lid... was looking at an x lite among others and the 2500 grand Arai one lol .. needless to say I had a moment of clarity and never pressed the button

I looked at arai Carbon huge price difference between arai and x lite I've seen x lite. Carbon as cheap as ?250 ?300 with visor .

Without stating the obvious, go for the one that fits the best regardless of looks etc

Without stating the obvious, go for the one that fits the best regardless of looks etc

I'll second that..additionally i always remember a bit of advice I read in Superbike mag...circa 1980-81.. "buy the most expensive helmet you can afford"...I guess this is outmoded slightly, it was from an era of when polycarbonate lids were readily available, but still has a degree of truth.

Anyone remember a helmet called Centurion Sprint... Just turned 16 and walked into my house with a brand new Sprint ....my old dears like....AND WHAT EXACTLY IS THAT STUART !... knowing fine well what it was and what was coming next..lol

Just googled

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=c...&ei=zVkBV_uDIsHjU5--iCg#imgrc=pllqJRXELEH0-M:

I bought a Bob Heath smoked visor for it too... ?22.00 for a lid... ffs

Last edited:
Of course it's down to fit, but they both fit snug.......just comes down to maybe taking a chance and break with known pro's of the arai brand! Mmmmmm

Latest posts

Back