Anyone with MCE Insurance?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone (unlucky enough to be) with MCE, like me?

I need to ask a question about my policy. I've read the docs they sent me, checked their laughable FAQs and come up blank. So, I thought, I'll have to wait forever in a telephone queue... Not so! You can't get through to them at all.....

Checked their website, got the number for customer service, dialled it 'This number is out of service'
Tried the dedicated numbers for motorbikes, then cars, same result. Thought I'd try to speak to someone on the claims number. This one actually connected, and I made it to an automated system, but it is clearly programmed to waste some time then chuck you out.

Whilst my query is (well....was) quite urgent, I thought I'd try emailing them, but 3 hours later, that's just come back as undelivered.

Short of writing to them (not worth it for today's need), it appears I have no effective way of contacting my insurance company. Unless they've ceased trading (!!), something weird/wrong is going on.....

Anyone had/having smiliar experiences, or know how to speak to them?

Rick

I'm with them, at work at the moment, so can't give you their phone number as of yet. I shall later in though if someone doesn't beat me to it. Oh and I'm going to ring them about my policy too. Best work.

Or their unpublished 0800 0898077

Just also seen that they are now offering

MCE Insurance, title sponsors of the MCE British Superbikes, is proud to announce an incredible new addition to their comprehensive motorcycle insurance policy…Free Trackday cover for all!

Trackdays are a fantastic way of getting you and your bike on track, with the new cover provided by MCE you’ll be free to ride on a trackday on any UK circuit, with the peace of mind your machine is covered subject to an excess for any accidental damage.

Or their unpublished 0800 0898077

Just also seen that they are now offering

MCE Insurance, title sponsors of the MCE British Superbikes, is proud to announce an incredible new addition to their comprehensive motorcycle insurance policy…Free Trackday cover for all!

Trackdays are a fantastic way of getting you and your bike on track, with the new cover provided by MCE you’ll be free to ride on a trackday on any UK circuit, with the peace of mind your machine is covered subject to an excess for any accidental damage.

Is there a link to this? Cheers

Actually paid slightly more to stay with Bikesure due to some of the feedback I had from mates with MCE policies. Cheap for a reason it seems.

Fine if you never have to contact them in any way - a mate did get paid out without issues on a fairly standard own-fault crash. Can't imagine them going above and beyond to try and work for their client in a more difficult case and wouldn't want to try and change something on the policy after the initial sale - they will rinse you.

How do you find Bikesure Shug? it was them or MCE when I was renewing last time. Ever had to deal with them during the life of the policy, not renewal?

Phil, the number you've quoted has too many digits, I think you meant 08443 386888? that is the one that didn't work for me....

Just had to change over bikes (getting rid of the BM) less than a month before end of Bikesure policy. Emailed them about it and they called back to give me a few options. Ended up both bringing forward the renewal date (so I had the additional full years no claims out of 11 months cover on this bike) and bringing their quote down £180 to get close enough to the cheapest comparison quote I could get. That's with giving more for that cover (legal cover, 3rd party other bikes, etc)

Not used them for a claim (touch wood) but that experience means I'd recommend them.

Edit to add - oh, and I changed address halfway through the policy. Simple email - done. From what I've heard of MCE, stuff like that you're waiting on a premium phone line on hold for 40 minutes to get through.

Last edited:
I was - not anymore.
wanted a fortune to change bikes and,like all insurance companies, front load the policy so much if you cancel - you get practically nothing back.
They also won't cancel your policy over the phone. They e-mail you a form which you then have to sign and send back before they'll cancel it. They claim this is to make sure that only the policy holder cancels the policy.
However I spent the first couple of minutes answering their questions to establish I WAS the policy holder.
Besides I set the policy up on line so they've never even SEEN my signature so I remain unconvinced.

I was - not anymore.
wanted a fortune to change bikes and,like all insurance companies, front load the policy so much if you cancel - you get practically nothing back.
They also won't cancel your policy over the phone. They e-mail you a form which you then have to sign and send back before they'll cancel it. They claim this is to make sure that only the policy holder cancels the policy.
However I spent the first couple of minutes answering their questions to establish I WAS the policy holder.
Besides I set the policy up on line so they've never even SEEN my signature so I remain unconvinced.
Same here fella they are one of the worst insurers out there thankfully I have never had to claim from them but switching bikes from the r1 to the s1000rr and having 7 years no claims the tossers wanted double the premium and treble the excess bye bye mce.

Interesting to read this - when I was looking for insurance MCE came in well cheap (1/2 other prices) but I read so many bad reviews when you dig past the "they are great as they are cheap" drose. Decided to give them a wide beath and went with BMW/Deviits insurance who were reasonable considering I have yet to get a garage sorted out.

Just thought i'd chip in.

Motorcycle Direct has been cheapest for me 3 years in a row. Get a quote from them and its X price, do it from a comparison site its cheaper (bulk buying of policies usually), then ring Motorcycle Direct back and ask why. Each year they've beaten the comparison website quote and thrown in policy extras for free for the added hassle.

Mine is ?165 with 5 years NCB, Garaged, TPO. They were the cheapest for fully comp to.

It gets better !
Not only won't they cancel over the phone they only cancel from midnight - so they charge for the full day regardless of when you cancel.
They also won't refund your money for between 60 to 90 days !!!!! Not only that they don't refund then they notify you that you are now entitled to your money back and then you have to ring them again and tell them how you want your money back !!
This will of course then take more time before you get any refund !!!!

Avoid at all costs I would suggest.

Latest posts

Back