Any android wizards out there?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Thought it was worth asking on here...

I'm installing an android tablet in my car, a 'carputer' if you like...

Anyway it's all gone great, I installed a custom kernel which was a bit of a pain (I'm an iOS guy if I'm honest)

I want to be able to control the roof with the tablet so I bought a usb controlled relay board which works brilliantly.
What I want to do is control the relay app with a widget on the 'desktop' but idk if that's possible as the app (dae relays) doesn't have a widget.

Does anyone know how to make custom widgets? If that's possible...

Personally, I would be looking at Arduino. I have minimal knowledge of it other than that it is very popular and widely supported.
Is the roof control "fire and forget", or would your widget need to receive a signal to indicate that the roof was fully open/closed and then shut off?

Personally, I would be looking at Arduino. I have minimal knowledge of it other than that it is very popular and widely supported.
Is the roof control "fire and forget", or would your widget need to receive a signal to indicate that the roof was fully open/closed and then shut off?

Yea fire and forget, I thought about arduino or Pi but I can't really be bothered learning it haha

It all works as it should but I don't want to have to open an app and then press the button (lazy I know)

I'm hoping there's a way of doing it via the tablet but I'm at a loss

Latest posts

Back