Another exhaust decat question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snow

Reaction score
Ive decatted my bike but was wondering if i was supposed to remove all the meshy stuff left in the pipes

I've not long done just done mine mate and I left it in , supposed to make it a bit quieter and not ruin the fueling to the point of needing a remap , I've only been out once since doing it so it will take a few longer runs to see how it is.

How did u get on doing yours davy, did u weld it together or just use the clamps

I just used the clamps mate seems ok but I've still not been out yet unfortunately

Yea i used clamps but its started blowing abit. Gonna take it apart today and ram aload of paste on it. Got a new stubby back box so mite aswell sort it while its all apart

Hi, I've recently decated my 2010 S1KRR and left the CAT element still in the header pipes (too much faff to remove it) and went to Snetterton today and recorded 98db at the static noise test. I will add that I've got the butterfly valves in the open position and fitted a new Polish made Dominator HP1 end can (can be found on eBay and actually looks and sounds really good) and also fitted a K&N race air filter. I know the ECU is 'adaptive' and will recognise certain changes to the set up and adjust itself where necessary but I wanted to get the most out of the decat so I've installed a Rapid Bikes Evo Autotune fuelling module and by 'eck does she now feel smoother, more powerful and full of life!!!!

cheers , Andi

Last edited by a moderator:
Back