Alternative fuel

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash700

Reaction score
Dear All

Just thought that I'd let you know that the S1000RR doesn't run at all well on diesel! I can definitely confirm that unleaded petrol is the best fuel to use for running a BMW S1000RR. After putting a couple of gallons of diesel in mine, I had to take the tank off and drain it, clean out the pump, filter, drain all the fuel pipes, clean out the injectors, flush everything through with copious quantities of fresh unleaded petrol and put it all back together. It was sort of, quite a lot of time wasted really!

Note to self... In future, mark up jerry cans denoting contents... :stupid:

I'll try that next time ;-) although if it had been in one of my jerry cans I'm sure it would have gone in...

No Diesel - cool thanks for that.......... but the oil still goes in the tank right?

Oil?! Don't tell me that I'm supposed to put oil in it as well! Anyway, since trying to run it on diesel, which didn't go well or improve the economy, it won't start - new plugs??? It still looks good though...

Hi Phil. I've done as much as anyone could do, cleaning all places where fuel would go, the only thing I didn't do is take the plugs out, which is probably quite crucial! The only reason I didn't take them out is that I don't have the coil removing tool. If it has to go to the dealer at least they'll only have to swap the plugs, which I'm sure will be a routine task to them. It's now just about getting the bike to the dealer.... ? The sooner I buy a van, the better. Typical... we only sold the horse box last month! I can feel the parting of money coming on!

I almost drained the battery last night trying to start it, so had to put it on charge. It was fully charged in the west for another attempt this evening. Well, she spluttered a few times but kept having to rest the battery and starter for a few mins before trying again. Each attempt the spluttering became very gradually more frequent but the battery began to give up the ghost, so it's now back on charge until tomorrow when I'll give it another go. Fingers crossed.

Latest posts

Back