Almeria February

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I'm heading to Almeria for 5 days end of February... one of the guys on my group chat who is there this week chain failed earlier today..
6ec9305c075a4941c34c41f02a9c937e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Holy shit! I hope he didn?t get badly injured. Looks like the frame took a beating.

Graeme is fine. Said bruised leg, but I think he is fine.

He had an error on M RCK dash about drum after this. Hopefully this will get reset after re-running gear adaptations.

You bailed out of the chat BBB ?

No, I was never there.

But I'm chatting to Graeme. He recently got Gen4 and asks some questions about M RCK stuff, I'm just trying to help him out.

Ahhh, thought you were, must have been someone else.

I'm sending my bike with Tony/Bike Promotions for next 4 months to Spain, so won't make FE or NL events (not much to miss there anyways)

When you say chain fail could this have been fitting error? Unusual for a chain to fail?

When you say chain fail could this have been fitting error? Unusual for a chain to fail?
The bike was built by Dan Cooper, you expect good quality.

Just to recap,

Chain also hit the gearbox sensor, this thrown drum sensor errors in m rck and made reset adaptations impossible.

Also, it's unrelated but Shiftcam sensor failed (and probably requires a replacement). The bike revs up to 8500 in each gear and stays there. I think in the end Shiftcam got locked in one profile and bike worked fine, but still that's not helpful.

All this just for general education.

The bike was built by Dan Cooper, you expect good quality.

Just to recap,

Chain also hit the gearbox sensor, this thrown drum sensor errors in m rck and made reset adaptations impossible.

Also, it's unrelated but Shiftcam sensor failed (and probably requires a replacement). The bike revs up to 8500 in each gear and stays there. I think in the end Shiftcam got locked in one profile and bike worked fine, but still that's not helpful.

All this just for general education.

It was just a thought not a judgment.

Geez that is some damage! First thing i was thinking was i hope your friend's leg is in one piece! Glad he is all good.

Regarding the shift cam sensor, i heard from a very reputable source that shift cam sensors failures were a common problem on a lot of early gen 4 race bikes. They would basically toast themselves.

what have you been told ref Spain, a friend of mine who lives there said they are in national curfew aka lockdown until May. Also have yet to see how the TDO's are handling the carnett costs and small print but as we are in lockdown and we cant go anywhere I guess til they hit the border with a truck full of bikes nobody is going to know.

We were using the DID ERV3 on the superbikes, the small print on their site states not suitable for any machine over 800cc though, lol.

what have you been told ref Spain, a friend of mine who lives there said they are in national curfew aka lockdown until May. Also have yet to see how the TDO's are handling the carnett costs and small print but as we are in lockdown and we cant go anywhere I guess til they hit the border with a truck full of bikes nobody is going to know.

We were using the DID ERV3 on the superbikes, the small print on their site states not suitable for any machine over 800cc though, lol.

there are lots of bikes there that were moved before Dec 31

Jerez/Alemeria/Carta are all open for business, most of them are totally sold out.

The only pain is to get out of this island.

Latest posts

Back