Alex - 2017 S1000RR - Grey/Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The carbon parts look brilliant Alex and that?s a great way to mount the Quadlock mount too! [emoji4]

Last edited:
Thanks.

I was worried that the different carbon's wouldn't mesh together but I seem to have gotten away with it. The quadlock needs some work, that upper zip tie came off two seconds later. But I now know why you guys were adamant quadlock is secure, as my previous mount didn't have the lock bit! (Tripod Mount).

I've also fitted my old smoked tail light, but am still not using the integrated indicator function ;)

Carbon listing and how I sourced it;
Ilmberger
2017 - New from Performance Parts Ltd - Race Bellypan
2015 - Unused/but secondhand from Facebook - Nose intake
2015 - Unused/but secondhand from Facebook - Tail Light Trim
2012 - Used Forum sourced - Hugger

Alpha
2015+ - New from PrimeFactors - Frame Protectors

Full Six
2015+ - New from Conquest Carbon - Rear Seat Cowl

BMW/Akrapovic
2015+ - Used from eBay - Airbox/Tank Cover
2015+ - Used from eBay - Tank Side Panels

Looks great alex, do you like the seat..?

Yes mate, it?s different, you can feel the back lift which is a nice feeling of security. It also feels flatter and that means its effectively wider for that.

How we get on on a trip is yet to be seen but I think its better than the comfort seat.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

Last edited:
Wunderlich tank bag 1. Carbon Lacquer 0
[emoji53]

Not going to be easy to buff out. (Due to no access to the right tools)

I think when its wet its better to have a mcrofibre towel underneath it.
955d28b5e24d7af38f8ae51084ec57b5.jpg
55f033832dfac43fe091a7cf10995b1f.jpg

- Alex

Last edited:
TL;DR can I see a pic of the rhs frame bolt and any spacers from factory.

I think after a frame bolt came out in Scotland, I may be missing a piece.

When the bolt and crash bung are removed there is a 5-10mm gap.

The red male collet thing is filling that gap when the alpha's are in there. I think I had a female one too before.

Can any one confirm if the red piece is oem ir alpha. I can't recall.

And can anyone show me what they have on rhs of the gen3?

I'm trying to fit GB Racing bullets but the spacing isn't right. Should be flush or at least held firmly.

Would be good to confirm whats in there from factory as my alpha pieces were fitted when I bought it.
a83f0134877b013208b6a54f0d57586f.jpg
797eef51bce6c3d8a0271480172490b3.jpg
3207c7ae8064c7edea9b5b6f064faf33.jpg
a817491138af4b551321539c7123d6e6.jpg

- Alex

Have a look on the rsd rom, it will show you everything. The red collet is defo oem, I refitted mine when i took the aeros off.

Last edited:
Wunderlich tank bag 1. Carbon Lacquer 0...
Commiserations Alex. I had exactly the same under my Wunderlich. When I first got the tank bag it was super sticky on it's underside, one had to 'peel' it off. It's recently less sticky and started scuffing the tank :-(
I wonder as I write whether it's just a bit dirty.

Commiserations Alex. I had exactly the same under my Wunderlich. When I first got the tank bag it was super sticky on it's underside, one had to 'peel' it off. It's recently less sticky and started scuffing the tank :-(
I wonder as I write whether it's just a bit dirty.
Yes I think it was dirt and rain water. When we left on day 3 (raining) it was sliding about a bit.

- Alex

Latest posts

Back