Alarm install now factory option?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcneill

Reaction score
Hello,have been told that s1000rr 2020 must be ordered from factory with alarm? Cannot remove or retrofit.Seem to remember the bmw alarm on older bikes simply plugged in under the pillion seat and was very simple installation.Has been mentioned that there would be a delay in getting new bike if I didn't order alarm? Also the bmw system did not offer insurance discounts but not aware of current issue.Thx.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I've a alarm fitted on mine from new. I specced it as well as the tracker. Don't think the insurance company , bemoto, recognised it so unsure If I got discount. Mine was a ?250 extra I think

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanks ste M.Feel pressurised into purchasing alarm that I don't want....said there would be quite a delay if I didn't opt for alarm but seem to remember it was a simple install under seat requiring 1 plug connected?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

I never got told of a delay or not. Mind you I ordered mine in November but specifically asked for it not to be delivered after March. I do remember him asking only a month or two before though if my spec was exactly what I wanted and he never told me about delays if I wanted something particular put on or not

I got the tracker, alarm and tinted high screen as extras

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

AFAIK alarms can be retrofitted (or removed), but that does not appear to be the issue. The lead time for a bike built to order would not increase because an option was not selected. However, if there is a bike already built and available which has an alarm already fitted, ordering one built from scratch with a different spec would obviously take longer.

The dealer is presumably unwilling to remove the alarm and sell you the bike for the price of a bike without an alarm.

Either that, or somebody is confused between alarms and trackers.

Latest posts

Back